• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gregor the Overlander Mafia-Endgame: Gnawers reign supreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Elementar I mostly like your post with this slot too, but may I ask what you think of Cheff's claim, didn't it help him get town points?

I also think jack seems like a kinda safe lynch, can't really trust him.

However Pika_pika may be a better lynch in an -YLO situation, thoughts on this?

I'm interested in this as well, but I want to also know why we're so easy to trust swarla... is it just because of this fact or am I misremembering is this even a word something else as in a claim that has cleared swarla? I see no reason to distrust them, but I don't see too much merit for blind trust either.

They knew that Elementar the prophet was actually a vanilla before they died, so they knew they were trying to attract the kill from the mafia. They would've told the mafia to avoid him because it's a safe role for town to lose.

@Elementar I mostly like your post with this slot too, but may I ask what you think of Cheff's claim, didn't it help him get town points?

I also think jack seems like a kinda safe lynch, can't really trust him.

However Pika_pika may be a better lynch in an -YLO situation, thoughts on this?

I've missed the claim. May someone please refresh my mind?

And I'm thinking Pika, for reasons I'll explain in a bit.

This really sucks...

I received another flashlight, this makes it my third time. I still think it's a good idea for those of us who receive them to announce so in thread.

Anyway I'm not entirely sure what to do. On one hand, I also don't entirely trust jack because a) there isn't really any reason to and b) his statements last phase were dodgy and overall very confusing. He contributed very eagerly on one wagon, and that's something to note... Pika is someone also to consider as he has so many unknowns surrounding him, but there are still answers (I hope) pending in regards to him. Plus a lynch on an independent won't move us further as far as getting scum goes, so there's that.

They knew that Elementar the prophet was actually a vanilla before they died, so they knew they were trying to attract the kill from the mafia. They would've told the mafia to avoid him because it's a safe role for town to lose.
Oh, okay... it makes sense. Thank you!

I've been wondering about this too. I must've missed it because I don't know what his claim was either.

Also I won't be available to post much tomorrow, just a heads up!

As Darth points out below, I'm not sure why you would care too much...

I have explained this before.

Pika_pika42 - I know they explained why they voted for someone despite their independent claim, but I have a feeling that they are more dangeorus than it seems. They're obviously not SK, but I'm thinking that they may be a lyncher, and are jumping onto BWs to try and be lucky. They could've just been active by helping us to understand their role more.

El if you could go through my posts, you will find that I haven't even once jumped on any bandwagon. I have not done anything adverse for the Town.

I'm still not entirely sure what to make of Pika at this point, but I suppose we should wait and hold out for them to get a flashlight so we can see what their role entails. Either way independents are always... complicated. Would Pika discussing his win-con count as some type of role-claiming I wonder?

I will let @Midorikawa answer that.

Pika is someone also to consider as he has so many unknowns surrounding him, but there are still answers (I hope) pending in regards to him. Plus a lynch on an independent won't move us further as far as getting scum goes, so there's that.

I have said this many times and would repeat it here again:

I intend to fully reveal my role and clear all unknowns when I get the damn flashlight.

Also, lynching me would not benefit Town much and might be a wasted phase for Town.

Still if you all want to lynch me even before I get a chance with the damn flashlight, I can't defend any further.

And you are suspicious of Darth because another one of your townreads accidentally voted for them? You seem confused and flustered.
No, I am not suspicious of Darth because someone voted for him, I was suspicious of him because it is Darth and the only thing that "confirmed" him as town was Zexy. I could already see them be a scum team together and trying to protect the other in this way.
Tbh, this isn't much of a reads list.
I know, I am not that good at producing a list of reads, this is one of the reasons that I signed up for mentor games.
I am a Virgin that got visited by a Hooker N2, because of this I am Vanilla.

Zexy died, he just posted that message where he calls you out just before he saw the update post

It's a reasonable claim, but at the same time I'm finding the odds of a hooker existing slim. Does that sound right? If we're thinking that there are two mafia and one independent, then mafia having a hooker ability seems... I don't know, just not likely in my opinion. It would exist for the sole purpose of hitting Cheff, given the fact (?) that no other virgin role exists. Of course I was wrong before about Lone, but I'm not getting the best of feelings on this. I don't want to be rash, so I need to think more about this...

This is phase 4 now, right? I got another flashlight. I find it weird how I keep getting them and some others seem to have not received them at all. Unless they are keeping quiet about it, but either way.

The hooker is not just there to make a Vanilla out of the Virgin, it is a regular Roleblocker with that ability added to it, which means that if there is a Virgin in the game it is highly likely that there is also a Hooker in the game and vice versa.

What do you want to talk about? We've talked enough during the day and there is not some amazing new information with that no lynch.

Endgame: Gnawers reign supreme!
Sorry this update took so long. Was a bit busy.

Cheffofgames was killed. He was:
Dear CheffOfGames,

You are Ares, Bond of Henry.

i3xly8.jpg
“Fly you high, Gregor the Overlander.”

You are one of the largest bats in the series, with your black fur making the imagery of you quite striking. You are very strong and loyal to your loved ones. You work well with your bond Henry, and you two are good friends with each other, and like most bonds, you would give your life for him. However you also believe in doing what is right, no matter the rules you must break or what it will cost you.

Because of your strength and your strong sense of justice, you are the virgin. If you are nightkilled, then the next night phase there will be no nightkills. However if you are visited by a hooker then you will lose this ability and become vanilla.

You are allied with Sandwich and win when all members of Gorger’s Army have been defeated.

Cheffofgames was the Virgin. He was allied with Sandwich.

Feenie has lost in endgame. She was:
Dear Feenie,

You are Treflex, a Male Spinner.

CH9HLRNHOHMHBH7HOH7HTH0L8ZQL5ZMHDH5HOHXH2ZGHDH7HFHWH3H5LAZXLFHXHTHXH4Z0LVHIH.jpg
“We two…we join…the quest.”

You are a small brown spider and you fill one of the two spinner spots. You arrive with Gox at the request of Vikus. You die almost immediately, only living long enough to announce that you’re joining the quest. Your corpse is then eaten by Gox.

Due to the fact that you do absolutely nothing of importance, you are vanilla. Your only power is your vote.

You are allied with Sandwich and win when all members of Gorger’s Army have been defeated.
Feenie was Vanilla. She was allied with Sandwich.

Swarla has lost in endgame. She was:
Dear swarla,

You are Gregor the Overlander, known as the warrior in the Underland.

gregor___copic_trading_card_by_bdevries-d48d8fk.jpg

“I am the warrior. I am he who calls.”

You are eleven years old and the main character. Despite being so young, you are quite mature as the oldest child of three in your family. This is also due to the fact that your father went missing two years, seven months, and thirteen days prior to the first book. You just want return home safely with your sister, unfortunately for you this leads to a quest in the Underland.

Despite the forced situation you actually get along quite well with some of the underlanders. You can generally tell if someone is good or not in comparison to the others. For this reason you are a 2x Cop. Twice in the game during the night phase, you can message me Check: Player, and you will be informed of a player’s alignment.

Swarla was 2x cop. She was aligned with Sandwich.

Elementar has won the game! He was:
Dear Elementar,

You are Henry, Cousin of Luxa and brother of Nerissa.

d7a26f4d3c7215bfb30f0410b70f529e.jpg
“Beware the fish, for Luxa plans to poison you directly!”

You are the cousin of Luxa and older brother of Nerissa, both of whom you are quite close with. You are also bonded to Ares. You are a good fighter, and enjoy having fun and making jokes. Like your cousin, you lost your parents to the rats, and thus show a hatred towards them. You also have a tendency to look down on other species that you consider weak.

Despite your hatred for rats, you hate weak creatures even more. So much more that you choose to align yourself with who you consider strong, that being the rats. Unfortunately you do this by betraying everyone who trusts you.

Due to the fact that no one in the group knows you are allied with Gorger, you are the Godfather. Also due to this fact you can gain information about the others much more easily, thus you are also the 3x rolecop.

You are allied with Gorger and win when your numbers are greater than or equal to those of Sandwich.
Elementar was 3x rolecop/Godfather. He was allied with Gorger's Army.

jackatlasred has won the game! He was:
Dear jackatlasred,
You are Gorger, the Leader of the Rats.

03899bbaa34b7867ce608ff2a2e4d7b1.png
“Why has everyone stopped laughing?”

You are the leader of the rats. You are large and silver and have great control. You like most rats have a sense of humor, well humor by your definition that is. However you are not to be underestimated as even when you are joking around, you are cautious and prepared to fight.

You are strong without a doubt, as a flick of your tail can slice a spinner in half. You also have a bit of ego, wearing the crown of Luxa’s parents on your head. You also seem to have some charisma as you convinced Henry to join you.

Due to your strength you are a 1x strongman. Also due to the fact that you have so many rats under your control, you are the hooker. To use your abilities PM me Strongman Kill: User or Hook:User.

You are allied with…well yourself and your army. You win when your numbers are greater than or equal to those of Sandwich.
jackatlasred was 1x strongman/ Hooker. He was Gorger.

Pika_Pika42 has won the game! He was:
Dear Pika_pika42,
You are Ripred the Gnawer.

hqdefault.jpg
“Mutual need is a strong bond. Stronger than friendship, stronger than love.”

You are big, and you are deadly. One of the most deadliest of the rats in all of the Underland. You are also extremely intelligent having read books in the Overland, as well as just understanding war in general. You hope to have peace between the rats and humans and will do anything for that. Thus you gladly help the humans in their quest in hopes of getting rid of Gorger who stands in the way of your dream. However this does not make you loyal to the humans for you would turn on them if need be.

Because you are such a deadly and intelligent fighter you are a 1x vig. One time in the game during the night phase you may kill player of your choice.

You are allied with yourself and win if you survive to endgame.
Pika_Pika42 was 1x Vigilante. He was allied with himself.

Congratulations to mafia and Pika_Pika42 for winning the game!

Questions:
-Did you think it was balanced?
-What did you think of the flashlight mechanic?
-Would you play another in the series?
-Did your role or any other role make you want to read the series?

I will also work on getting more than two days worth of FT up. Then you guys can comment on it.

-Did you think it was balanced?
Yes. Both sides were quite equal in power.
-What did you think of the flashlight mechanic?
It depends on what circumstance. It was good for my town Day 1 play, so I could blame my lack of an actual claim on not having a flashlight. However, if someone wanted to claim, they were restricted.
-Would you play another in the series?
Yes :)
-Did your role or any other role make you want to read the series?
I think yes. Just don't know where I would find it though.

Bad luck town. GG to @Pika_pika42 and thanks @jackatlasred for being a good partner. I think inactivity helped us win this game. Thanks to @Midorikawa for hosting a great game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom