• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Groudon VS Wailord! The heaviest vs the longest!

S.S. Shadow Minun

is back for 2014
Reaction score
200px-383Groudon.png
VS
321Wailord.png

At first these two have nothing in common (except that they are introduced in Generation III and are included in Hoenn Dex). The one is the heaviest and the one is the longest. The one is a Ground-type while another one is a Water-type.

Yep, this is a battle of the Pokémon superlatives and oh guy, this can't get any more different. Groudon holds the title for heaviest Pokémon, which is almostly roughly 950kg (2094.39 pounds)! And Wailord holds the title for longest Pokémon, who is almost 14.5 metres (50 feet tall)!

*Who is stronger?
*Who could win in a battle?
*Who's having a better moveset?

Let the voting commence!

Note: this is a multiple choice poll.

I feel like this is an interesting matchup.

Battlewise: At first glance, it appears that Wailord has a glaring type advantage. But then you take into account Groundon's Drought and Solarbeam combo. It would be fairly even.

Stronger: That's a relative term, considering the battle would be fairly even. But Groudon is probably stronger, considering it's a legendary Pokemon.

Looks: Personally, I'd prefer to use Wailord. It's a tank, and a rather nice Pokemon overall. Screw the fact that Groudon's an Uber. It's Uber for the same reason that Ninetales is OU. Dat shinin' sun.

It's a tossup for me, really. I'm gonna go ahead and vote both.

I would say Groudon, 1. because my friend had this awesome Groudon figurine, and 2. I think Wailord looks a little strange. Plus, Groudon's part of the Hoenn legendary trio.

I think a battle would be for Groudon. It's ability gives it a great advantage, both ensuring solar beam and make wailord's attacks less effective.
But, HSOWA gives some points to our big whale.
Recently, i got a female DW Wailmer on the dream world, i I'm thinking on train a Wailord.
I voted for both of them

Groudon wins on all counts, but Wailord has a certain hilarity to it that makes it much more endearing.

pfft sorry just laughing at that title, way to be mature Daze

Going with Wailord, simply because Groudon is a fugly mess of a design.

Although it isn't the heaviest Pokemon anymore, I still prefer Groudon, since it looks cooler, has Drought and a better movepool.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom