• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Grovyle vs. Servine

Ranger Jack Walker

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Spr_5b_496.png
vs.
Spr_5b_253.png

Servine, the new grass type starter is most comparable to Grovyle amon the other Grass starters since they look so alike. They both are very fast too being the fastest(Grovyle) and second fastest(Servine) starter families.

Which has the better design?

Which one would win in a battle?

Which do you like more?

I'm gonna go with Grovyle for all 3. It is the coolest mid-evo of the starters and can easily beat Servine with its wide movepool.

Servine slighty , Treecko and Sceptile are ugly while the Servine line has great designs.

Ok , this one is tough for me , but since Servine can take Grovyle's attacks , Servine could use Aerial ace and Grovyle's Poor defense. It's a Tie.

Note that Servine's Def is higher than Grovyle's attack and Servine's attack is higher than Grovyle's defense.

Servine's 413 > Grovyle's 405

Servine has better stats IMO
But again ' it's a tie

Which do you like more?

Servine , he evolves from Snivy , and the Treecko line is lame except for Grovyle , although Grovyle has been the coolest mid-evo of a grass starter , Servine seems to give him a run for his money ...

So Servine . Forgive meee Grovyle T_T

Although both are badass motherf*ckers !!

So for me :

Snivy beats Treecko .

Serperior beats Sceptile .

Servine and Grovyle are tied .

Next thing you know is that Servine appears in the next Pokemon mystery dungeon Game XD

Last edited:
im gonna have to go with grovyle on all 3 grovyle still remains my favorite grass type becuase he is an awesome very quick pokemon with a great design

In my opinion, both of them have great designs. Easily the best out of the middle stage Grass Starters. They look very sleek and cool. I don't really have a favorite, as Servine leans to cuteness, while Grovyle leans to coolness, and both do a great job.

Probably Grovyle. Servine has fine Defenses, but not high enough, and Grovyle hits harder with X-Scissor than Servine's Aerial Ace. Servine would be hard pressed to keep herself alive.

Which do you like more?
Difficult choice by themselves. However, as I usually edge more for cuteness over coolness, and I vastly prefer Servine's family over Grovyle's, I'll go with Servine. She's pretty adorable, and is the only non-smug of her line. Not that there's a problem with being smug, but it's cool she seems to be less about being smug.

So yeah. Servine for me.

Remember, I rank by design, not competitive battling ability.

Grovyle, hands down. Servine (Janoby) looks really clumsy >_>
Grovyle is sleeker and more nimble.

Grovyle wins due to a better design and its wide movepool.

My inner Hoenn girl shines through! I love Snivy but...

GROVYLE HANDS DOWN!

It was my second starter and first grass type...and it'll always have a place in my...game. XD

Even if treecko was the first starter I ever had I'm still going to pick Servine, I just love the whole snivy line :3

Servine=Grovyle

BUT

Snivy/Serperior >>>>>>>>>>> Treecko/Sceptile

I go with Servine for Unova pride ..

Grovyle is old news

Last edited:
While I have a Serperior in White, and enjoyed all 3 of it's forms... Grovyle beats it, by a small margin. The Treecko family are still my favorite Grass types, but the Snivy family gave them a run for their money.

Grovyle is better, but things changes when they reach their final forms.

I voted Servine but after looking at Grovyle I see its appeal. I ultimately like Servine, Grovyle, Dewott, Combusken, and Wartortle of the starters' middle stages.

Servine evolves into one of my favorite Pokémon, and he learns several moves that I like.

Servine

Grovyle

Which do you like more?
Grovyle

I like my pokemon to have arms :p.

Better design?
Grovyle
win in fight?
well, it would depend on who trained them, but usually grovyle would get his aerial ace off first probably a 1 or 2 hko
most awesome?
Grovyle.

Grovyle. Partially because of Hoenn pride, but mainly because of how awesome he was in PMD2.

Servine's arms are kind of awkward to me, too.

My favorite is Servine, especially design-wise, but I think Grovyle could win a battle with all the different moves it can learn.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom