• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GS Characters

VeggiePopper

Doc Octillery FTW
Reaction score
Well, we all want a GS remake, that'd be great, but instead of talking about probabilities for it or speculate about the possible changes made to the game, let's discuss something more friendly- characters redesign. With the recent Sugimori artwork style, how would they look? Any ideas? I made myself a try for Gold, maybe later I'll go for Silver and Kris if you like this one. Hope you post your designs of course, too!

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img185ri1.jpg

Nicely drawn, but he is a bit skinny - don't you think?

(And shouldn't this be in the Art section?)

Well, we all want a GS remake, that'd be great, but instead of talking about probabilities for it or speculate about the possible changes made to the game, let's discuss something more friendly- characters redesign. With the recent Sugimori artwork style, how would they look? Any ideas? I made myself a try for Gold, maybe later I'll go for Silver and Kris if you like this one. Hope you post your designs of course, too!

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img185ri1.jpg

Hey, that looks pretty good! I think redesigns would be a little more drastic though. I mean look at FRLG red. He looks different enough to be someone else, but you still know he's red.

Oh, sorry for the wrong placement of this topic, but I made it thinking about the games, that's why I thought it would be better here, but now it seems you may be right, Monblazon (OK no, I'm new and I never saw there was an art secion, LOL).
Anyways, I made my best effort, and I tried to make a few changes but making him still recognisable (you can see on top of Gold's foot one of my early designs for his jacket); I noticed he's skinny, but if you compare FR/LG's Red with the original one, and Brendan or Lucas with Gold, you can tell Ken Sugimori has a tendency of drawing his characters skinnier as time goes by, altough I may have exceeded a bit.
Talkin' bout Red, I don't think his redesign was drastic. Let's analyze the differences between GenI and GenIII looks:
-The jacket: for me it's the same red jacket with white collar, just dropped the pockets and used it closed insetead of open.
-Hair: Three spikes on each side of the head, just changed the color from black to brown.
-Cap: Well, may be this did change a bit more, but it still is mainly red.

So comparing but designs it's just that Red got his hair dyed and closed his jacket. The rest is nothing but drawing style.

Post your depictions for Gold, Silver and Kris (and why not? Elm and the Leaders/E4 too). And thanks for the replies!!!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom