• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GS (no C) Virtual Console Thread

I really hope Game Freak will alter the games a bit to make evolutionary stones easier to obtain.

I think the Johto pokemon that weren't in Sun/Moon might get Alolan Forms, so you can transfer the Johtoain forms in Sun/Moon.

Does anyone know if you can trade/ link battle with other people's 3DS?

So on serebii it seems they will be sold in special deluxe boxes. But what else could be inside this box to warrant it's size. Aren't they just virtual?

Pokemon-Gold-and-Silver-3DS-980x620.jpg

The Nintendo UK, if I'm not mistaken, mentioned that they would have magnets on the form of the cartridges and some stickers. If I'm not mistaken, it would also have a poster, though I may be thinking of something else.

The Nintendo UK, if I'm not mistaken, mentioned that they would have magnets on the form of the cartridges and some stickers. If I'm not mistaken, it would also have a poster, though I may be thinking of something else.

I know Japan is getting the stickers and magnets. Was it confirmed for UK as well?

So can someone explain to me the advantage of buying these games over just playing my heart gold version again?

So can someone explain to me the advantage of buying these games over just playing my heart gold version again?
Possibility of having shiny Ho-oh and Lugia with their HAs. Plus, having the legendary beasts with their HAs in general.
Well, at the very least, that's a very cool advantage for collectors, not sure you are into that.

Possibility of having shiny Ho-oh and Lugia with their HAs. Plus, having the legendary beasts with their HAs in general.
Well, at the very least, that's a very cool advantage for collectors, not sure you are into that.

Not really, I enjoy playing the games and crafting a single party with a few mon's I switch in and out. I'm only working on completing the Pokedex because my wife wants to but she doesn't care about abilities or shinies.

You can develop PTSD from Whitney's Miltank Gold/Silver style, not the easy peasy one from Heart Gold. Plus, you don't have the annoying guy chasing Suicune.

Nostalgia for us old farts mostly, that and the Soundtrack isn't butchered. One bit of nostalgia I will actually stand by till I die, HGSS messed up hard in this department.

Did you just insult Eusine? Oh them fighting words.

(I'm kidding of course).

I'm blaming my outburst of words on the PTSD I acquired from battling that evil Miltank that Whitney has.

To me, Eusine's story/mission made more sense in Crystal. His inclusion in the remakes just felt clunky to me. But that's just my critical opinion.

There is no advantage, but there isn't supposed to be. These aren't meant to serve as a substitute for HGSS, they're just there to offer a quick $10 hit of nostalgia to the people who go for that sort of thing, or for people who want an easy way to get Gen 2 Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities. And maybe any anti-emulator players who might be craving a Nuzlocke but can't access a working Gen 2 cart.

Personally, I mainly just wanted the room decoration feature, though it's also just nice to be able to say that Pokémon from any generation can now be transferred up to the current games, as opposed to Gen 2 being the only one left in the dark in that regard. That is not, objectively, a big deal at all, but then you have obsessive perfectionists like me. <=)

To me, Eusine's story/mission made more sense in Crystal. His inclusion in the remakes just felt clunky to me. But that's just my critical opinion.

Frankly, I'd go even further and say that the inclusion of the Suicune plot in HGSS in general was really clunky, and was a flimsy imitation of the original with no meaningful resemblance to it.

I'm just playing Gold/Silver just cuz I wanna play every generation, regardless of the fact they have a remake or not, and the original games have certain features and mechanics that were removed/polished in later games that i wanna see what they were like as they were new and relevant.

Also, the IV changes, nature manipulation, the Hidden Abilities being hardlocked, and the chance of a shiny mean a lot to me. Oh, and i guess seeing my Johto team in 3D sounds awesome, too.

Like the Gen I VC release there will be access to Gen I (and now Gen II) exclusive movesets. For example, Curse Cubone/Marowak for the new games which might bring some cooky utility to A-Marowak. As Curse was only a TM in the Gen II games and cubone doesn't learn it naturally. I don't know what the other Gen II exclusive movesets are but these VC will be important to some (at least me) for this reason.

I'm old enough to remember gen 1 and 2 but this franchise hits with so much nostalgia sometimes I get nostalgiaed out.

Still I am curious how many broken move combos there are. I know some of them are not so useful. Or some of them are just strange. My favorite Vaporion could learn reflect in gen 1 but that just didn't seem all that useful could considering how many screen setters their are.

VC Gold and Silver are to be released where I live (really late announcement), so I'd love to get HA legendaries caught in Apricorn Balls.

The downside is that these games are going to feel slow (no running shoes) and all the shinies are going to be available at full odds only.

Back
Top Bottom