• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GS (no C) Virtual Console Thread

VC Gold and Silver are to be released where I live (really late announcement), so I'd love to get HA legendaries caught in Apricorn Balls.

The downside is that these games are going to feel slow (no running shoes) and all the shinies are going to be available at full odds only.
Have to "shoot down" your two points, strangely.
The Pokéballs on the second gen don't save yet. It only start on Ruby and Sapphire, so everything will come on Pokéballs. Unless they change the game, which I find it hard.

Now, there is actually a way to raise the odds! Up to 1/64, even. Because shininess is decided on IVs, they can be passed down via breeding. That means what every beginner thinks actually happens: breeding with shinies will raise the odds for a shiny.

Have to "shoot down" your two points, strangely.
The Pokéballs on the second gen don't save yet. It only start on Ruby and Sapphire, so everything will come on Pokéballs. Unless they change the game, which I find it hard.
Aww man ._. I was hoping it would work seeing how we can send over Johto mons straight to 7th gen via PokeBank.
Now, there is actually a way to raise the odds! Up to 1/64, even. Because shininess is decided on IVs, they can be passed down via breeding. That means what every beginner thinks actually happens: breeding with shinies will raise the odds for a shiny.
I didn't know that - thanks for the info.

Seems there have been some findings that may indicate an eventual Crystal release. In addition to there being room in the Pokémon Bank's code for another VC game after Gold & Silver, one of the dataminers found this:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/SciresM/status/910919201560211456

In addition, Nintendo's UK site lists Gold & Silver with an Age Rating of 12, while Crystal is listed with an Age Rating of TBD...

I've noticed a couple things about the VC versions of GS. The flashes that happen before wild encounters and battles seem to be darkened a bit and not as flashy. I also notice that whenever the Pokemon attacks, the health bar moves right along with them (such as Magikarp using Splash), when in the originals it would just disappear.

I am hoping for a Crystal release (and I will but it and play even though I just started VC Gold) it's just so much better than the other 2

I've noticed a couple things about the VC versions of GS. The flashes that happen before wild encounters and battles seem to be darkened a bit and not as flashy. I also notice that whenever the Pokemon attacks, the health bar moves right along with them (such as Magikarp using Splash), when in the originals it would just disappear.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice these. Both occurrences seemed jarring to me.

I purchased the boxed edition of Gold from GAME during my lunch break at work yesterday and had Silver delivered from the Nintendo UK Store. After marvelling at the nostalgia of the box art, I downloaded Silver (which I had back in the day) on my NN3DS using the serial code within the box.

The playthrough has been a lot of fun so far, and the only thing preventing me from tearing through the game at a Mach-Pidgeot speed is my indecision as to whether I should run with a familiar team or try some different Pokemon. I have just reached Violet City and have a bit of grinding to do before I proceed any further.

Back
Top Bottom