• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GSC VC console shinies, no longer rare?

Reaction score
So as we know GSC has come back on the VC and you can shiny hunt these ones, as if thats not bad enough you can clone these shinies. (Also poor gyrados its only rare shiny form in shiny Moxie Gyrados has been taken aswell xD) Yes not everyone will shiny hunt, but with the cloning method, but with just one person getting the shinies (as I have with Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebii) You could just clone an army and send it forward handing them out like Candy on wonder trade. My question is are shinies from gen 1 and 2 now worthless because of that? XD

Mannn who cares about the value of shinies. They all just electronic depictions of computed 1s and 0s anyways. Who cares if that womble Jimmy traded over Wonder Trade is legit or not? S'long as it has realistic stats and movesets it should be fiiiiine.

We need more Jimmies wonder trading shiny legendaries like candy.

I doubt it. Shiny legendaries (especially Celebi) might be too valuable to clone en masse because the cloning glitch isn't without its risks. Mess it up and you'll potentially break your game's PC - that's probably enough of an incentive to not clone lots of shiny mons for spamming WT. Some people might clone just a couple of times (like I have with Bill's Eevee), but filling up Box 1 with clones is just too risky imo.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom