• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GTS impossible trades?

You just need to look for the Japanese, French, and maybe German stuff.

All the ones from US I saw were ridiculous. But, it also unlocks the Tower as well as helps with Matsuda, so I don't see why you'd want an English thing.

Plus stuff that most people don't have priorities on, like the starters, legendaries, and stuff like Deino, are actually mostly reasonable.

Wi-Fi Connection and its problems

The whole of Wi-fi connection is ruined by people like this.

I agree with what people have been saying, a filter would be the best way around this problem.
Same with rage quitters.

All in all, Nintendo needs to sort out Wi-Fi, and soon.

Last edited:
I don't see why can't they see a bit of effort and go through all pokemon from Gen.III games onwards to see what is the lowest level you can get one legitly at. Then block all of them that are under that level. Both when asking and offering. Crap will end, and hacked pokemon will be harder to get through aswell.

I agree, there's some serious problems with the GTS with many demanding ridiculous trades.
BUT, there are plenty of good and reasonable trades to be made if you search well enough.

I love how you can ask for a lv. 9 and under Reshiram, but you can't actually put it on the GTS.

I mean, aren't they going to fix this? This is ridiculous.

When they realize the mistake that allowed such fuckloads of people to abuse the DP cloning glitch: a process more than 4 years in the making!

Yeah, fix one side of the tub and leave the other leaking a mouthful, nice.

When they realize the mistake that allowed such fuckloads of people to abuse the DP cloning glitch: a process more than 4 years in the making!

Yeah, fix one side of the tub and leave the other leaking a mouthful, nice.

What you say makes sense.

God forbid they possibly make sense w/r/t the GTS.

I love how you can ask for a lv. 9 and under Reshiram, but you can't actually put it on the GTS.

I mean, aren't they going to fix this? This is ridiculous.
You have no idea how nuts this drives me. A good number of Japanese Goletts on GTS are little more than impossible trades, like level 9 and under Legendaries or level 9 and under fully evolved forms. It's madding. Don't dangle a Golett in my face if you're not going to give me a chance to take it! :bash:

That said, I have had some very fair trades on GTS. I've given up female Starters and Elemental Monkeys for a good number of traded Goletts. Or someone simply wants a Boldore or a Sawk and I'm happy to help. If it's within reason, I do my best to get them what they want. Hey, they're happy and I get myself another cutey-pie. It's a win-win in that situation.

The whole situation with the GTS almost makes me not want to get on it. I would love to see it get fixed but a part of me thinks that will never happen. The only legit trades I do on GTS come from offering starters for Pokemon to fill up my Pokedex like Phanpy and Aipom(And those are almost always in the middle of the night from Japan.) Other than that I have 0 luck.

What I've found is that seeking Pokemon is nigh useless, but if you put up a sensible offer, another sensible person will trade. I got an Xatu and the starters that way.

Also, people on GTS Negotiations all seem to be trolls. But this thread isn't about that.

If they don't fix it for Grey Version or the RS remakes, I would rather them just delete the d@mn thing than keep the unfixed one

I actually found a request that was the exact opposite of impossible.
I found a UT Cresselia on the GTS.
What did the offerer want in return?
Any old Exeggute.

I dont know if this has been brough up, and im not excusing these people at all( the ones that ask for Lv1 Reshiram/Zekrom), but maybe GF lets the option to ask for any level legendaries for a reason. Look what happened with Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, they got an event where you can get them at Lv1, perhaps they are simply keeping their options open for more such events involving Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem or others.

yeah that get on my nerves i wanted a shiny latias and there were like 5 shinys there and every single f***ing one wanted a lv 9 and uder rehiram or zekrom

it seems like there are things other than boldores or gravelers on there. It's more like a lvl 60-something hydreigon for lvl 9- reshiram. I don't think that above explanation works for a lot of those idiotic trades

It's really ruining my experience in the GTS...
What I would like to know is why haven't these kind of trades been outright banned. Really, how hard is it for Gamefreak to install a filter that prevents that sort of trade from even being posted? If I can't ask for a male Latias, why can I ask for a level 9 and under Liepard and not get denied? It makes no sense to me. :confused:

It also almost tempts me to get a copy of PokeSav and trade those nitwits that kind of crap just to slag them off. I'd love to see the expression on some twerp's face when he/she hits the GTS to try and evolve something, only to be greeted with a brand new level 2 Reshiram with a crappy Nature named "Sucker!"... :evil:

To combat the usage of programs like Pokésav, Nintendo has banned the use of all Pokémon they determine to be "hacked" from online play. This includes such Pokémon with impossible movesets, Abilities, or genders that they're not supposed to have such as a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard or a male Chansey. However, sometimes Nintendo's servers cannot differentiate edited Pokémon from trained Pokémon, so these legitimate-looking Pokémon are often let through.

quite often this:

not sure if you know but the GTS can be tricked to evolve your pokemon:

1 - put pokemon you want to evolve & ask for something impossible to get (but unlikely to be hacked) ie a level 1-10 male gardevoir

2 - DON'T EXIT GTS

3 - make a trade (just any old trade on there bidoof or w/e)

4 - STILL DON'T EXIT GTS

5 - take your original pokemon back & due to the other trade it will evolve your pokemon

(you probably know this already but it's pretty handy if you don't know it!)

not always but quite often

also, stupidity

But according to Global Terminal - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia the trade evolution glitch was removed in Gen V

But according to Global Terminal - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia the trade evolution glitch was removed in Gen V

The glitch is no longer the point. People nowadays make impossible trade requests either to annoy other players, to display a rare Pokémon for the world to see or both.

But doesn't leaving a Legendary Pokemon in the GTS just to spite someone else seem like kind of a waste?

Maybe yes, maybe not. The game usually gives you more legendaries to catch than you could wish to really use, so in most cases there's no harm in using one of them to spite other players, especially if it is something frustrating to catch like a roaming legendary or an event exclusive.
By the way, it is not limited to legendaries. Lets suppose someone catches a shiny Pokémon, but it is too weak of an species to use in battle. Why not put it on display just so the world knows you are one of the few select players to ever own a shiny?

The glitch is no longer the point. People nowadays make impossible trade requests either to annoy other players, to display a rare Pokémon for the world to see or both.

But doesn't leaving a Legendary Pokemon in the GTS just to spite someone else seem like kind of a waste?

Maybe yes, maybe not. The game usually gives you more legendaries to catch than you could wish to really use, so in most cases there's no harm in using one of them to spite other players, especially if it is something frustrating to catch like a roaming legendary or an event exclusive.
By the way, it is not limited to legendaries. Lets suppose someone catches a shiny Pokémon, but it is too weak of an species to use in battle. Why not put it on display just so the world knows you are one of the few select players to ever own a shiny?

But to display something like a shiny Sunkern and asking for a level 9 and under Kyurem seems like a waste of GTS space and no one cares about a shiny Sunkern... at least I don't.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom