• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guardian Signs website updated: Some English names revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Ume. If the Japanese name is already a word in English (or romanised as an English word) why change it? I'd rather have a word than a random misspelling, and quite a few fans are already familiar with the Japanese names (in general, not just for this game).

A bit late, but I just wanted to point out that I wasn't complaining that they should have kept it as "Rainbow." I was complaining that they didn't use a different word that begins with "re" - like Relations or something, idk - instead of using an odd misspelling.

Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti (or si)... They need to keep that theme, and keeping it "Rainbow" doesn't work in English. :p

A bit late, but I just wanted to point out that I wasn't complaining that they should have kept it as "Rainbow." I was complaining that they didn't use a different word that begins with "re" - like Relations or something, idk - instead of using an odd misspelling.

Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti (or si)... They need to keep that theme, and keeping it "Rainbow" doesn't work in English. :p
I think pronunciation should count to, relations doesn't have the same pronunciation as re. At least a misspelling of Renbow still comes up with "Rainbow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom