• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

???

"If horrible stenches are giving you trouble, I recommend our credit firm!"
"What do horrible stenches even have to do with a credit firm?"
"We're a pleasant-smelling firm somehow."
"That coming from an employee."
"Naturally, I'm just kidding. Anyway, do you have any financial problems!?"
"Nope."
"If you do! Our firm! Offers! A Service! With a monthly interest rate! Of 2000 percent!!"
"If I'm supposed to smack you with a paper fan and call you an idiot, I really don't know when to do so."
"But I've got a quota I have to meet at any cost!"
"I don't really give much of a hoo-hah about your issues."

Part of me wonders if it's from Pop Team Epic, (or the other absurdities of bkub) but I don't think that's it.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT SIMILATION. GET READY
TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
THE WEAK POINTS OF F**KIN' MACHINE.
DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.

Before you ask, yes; that's how it was actually written.

I don't know, but I am most curious now, please enlighten me maybe in a V/PM if you intend to use this quote again.

Narrator: "On this episode of [series]"
J: "Bring in the next baby!"

Well, I do detect a reference to... Wargames, I beleive the movie was called, but other than that, I've got nothing.

"I know a trick that'll turn [redacted] into cheese. Does that soound like a gouda idea to you? Ohoho, this is just the first of many cheese jokes if we go down this path."

I seem to recall a line like that in a parody video. Apparently it was a 'meh' one, since I can't recall anything else about it.

[Character D]: "Let's start things off on the right note."
[Character P]: "Notes?"
[Character D]: "Bee sharps!"

[Character P] "Have some of these notes!"
[Character D] "Auugh! Editor's notes! The bane of creativity!"

[Character D]: "Enjoy development heck!"

[Character P]: "When will this fight begin, [Character D]? Because if this is your best, you're dreaming! But if you'd like to hear a fairy tale, I can do that!"

[Character D]: "The public domain? Really? Don't you have anything of your own?"
[Character P]: "Oh, just wait until what I can come up with!"

I mean this scene does lose a lot of context when you don't have the actual [piece of media] in front of you, but it's still fairly readable (and out-of-context) I think.

Sounds kinda like something Disgaea would throw out, lol.

"REACTIONS ON THE RADER !"
"RECOGNIZED CODE CC30."
"DISTANCE 12000 DAL !"
"3RD AND 4TH THRUST ENGINE,IGNITION !"
" MAIN ENGINE ENERGY LEVEL, 20% INCREASE !"
"I ALWAYS WANTED A THING CALLED TUNA SASIMI."

3... 2... 1...

Hint: This very speech above you is hard-coded into the music of the first stage of its original source. Even on the soundtrack.

Last edited:
???

"Yeah, I know...So what? I don't want to survive if it means I have to stoop to your level."
"Ooh, that's a low blow right there...Then just die in a hole for all I care! We wanna live, so stop getting in our way!"

Danganronpa?

"Birds fly because they want to fly. They don't need a reason. Even if their wings may snap and doom them to die. They don't fly for anyone's benefit. They don't fly because they were ordered to. Birds fly because they want to fly, and for no other reason!"

Probably either a Mario RPG or a review/parody of it, based on the whole Bowser thing. That's all I've got.

Now... laziness is fun!
[Character D]: "Let's start things off on the right note."
[Character P]: "Notes?"
[Character D]: "Bee sharps!"

[Character P] "Have some of these notes!"
[Character D] "Auugh! Editor's notes! The bane of creativity!"

[Character D]: "Enjoy development heck!"

[Character P]: "When will this fight begin, [Character D]? Because if this is your best, you're dreaming! But if you'd like to hear a fairy tale, I can do that!"

[Character D]: "The public domain? Really? Don't you have anything of your own?"
[Character P]: "Oh, just wait until what I can come up with!"

I mean this scene does lose a lot of context when you don't have the actual [piece of media] in front of you, but it's still fairly readable (and out-of-context) I think.
Also I probably should mention that, aside from me editing it to make it readable in this fromat, this is pretty much exactly how the dialogue appears in the [piece of media] in question.

Googling it was actually pretty strange if I do say so myself.
Wonder if the script will change in Strange Journey Redux...

This one's for the fighters
This one's for the soldiers
This one's for the warriors, freedom!
This one's for the leaders
This one's for the dreamers
This one's for the keepers, freedom!

Hear this humble message
In heart's spoken language
We can't take more damage
of justice's miscarriage.
Dear sisters and brothers
We fight for the honor
We must fight until we get what's right!

Back
Top Bottom