• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

"Take this, let it sway a little, then..."
"You are getting sleepy, you are getting sleepy..."
"No no, you have to do it much slower than that, look. Getting sleepy..."
"Getting sleeeepyy... Sleeeeepyyyyyy..."
"Yes. Getting slee- -looks into mirror- -hypnotizes self-"

One of the characters is learning hypnosis... and the teacher hypnotized herself...

It vaguely sounds familiar, though I'm drawing a blank.

"What are you doing?! You're wrecking everything I built!"
"Hey, hey, it's not totally her fault. I was the one that hooked her up--"
"This season should have been gravy. I hand picked the squad. I delivered an idiot-proof routine. Platter, Nationals, hello?"
"Don't you mean the stolen routine?"

uuummm... Wreck-It Ralph?

One of the characters is learning hypnosis... and the teacher hypnotized herself...
The person teaching hypnosis and the person learning hypnosis are the same person

The Avengers

The person teaching hypnosis and the person learning hypnosis are the same person

FullMetal Alchemist

...oh, and my reference was to Seven of Seven, if you didn't know... sorry 'bout that.

“Zan Par…? Jaway majaja! Japologa vun.”

Kirby Star Allies!

Translates loosely to "Zan Par..? I'm so sorry, I forgot again."

"Heard they're reforming the Dawnguard. Vampire hunters or something. In the old fort newr Riften. Might consider joining up myself."

no idea

"Uhhhh... Mario... I... I feel... I feel like I've grown to lo–- Uh, yeah, um, never mind... ...Y-Yeah, I sure do think you and Peach make a nice couple... Hmm hmm hmm... "

Vivian, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

"The afterlife totally rocks!"
"...You say that, why?"
"Well I think being a ghost is awesome. When I was alive, I remember being hungry and sleepy... and getting bogged down by so many things to worry about. But now that I'm a ghost, all of that suddenly poofed away! The ghost life is something to die for!"
"..."
"Sooo I have a great idea! Let's go and turn everybody into ghosts like us!"

Uuuhh... Level 30 Psychiatry?

♪Take a melody...
Simple as can be...
Give it some words, and
Sweet harmony...
Raise your voices...
All day long now, Love grows strong now...
Sing a melody of
Love, Ooh Love...♫

It's the Eight Melodies

Level 30 Psychiatry?

Literally never heard of that till now, so no.

"...You say that, why?"
"Well I think being a ghost is awesome. When I was alive, I remember being hungry and sleepy... and getting bogged down by so many things to worry about. But now that I'm a ghost, all of that suddenly poofed away! The ghost life is something to die for!"
"..."

The Oxford Dictionary (because all singular words are references to that)

"An act of staging or presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment."

I don't know Sightnado's, but I'm pretty sure about
"...You say that, why?"
"..."
being from Puyo Puyo Fever?

"His understanding of legal proceedings seemed very poor... When we were in court, he asked me, 'What does litigation mean.' And I said, 'Well, we're doing it. That's what we're doing now.'"
"Fair enough. I didn't know that term. But look. I've bought a book. And I promise I'm definitely going to read it on my next holiday."

"Inconceivable!"

The Princess Bride.

"His understanding of legal proceedings seemed very poor... When we were in court, he asked me, 'What does litigation mean.' And I said, 'Well, we're doing it. That's what we're doing now.'"
"Fair enough. I didn't know that term. But look. I've bought a book. And I promise I'm definitely going to read it on my next holiday."

Umm... Phoenix Wright?

Incredible. I could crush your body, I could smash your bones, but I could NEVER break your spirit.

Back
Top Bottom