• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

That one's easy. It's from the asdfmovie series, I believe this was a line from asdfmovie2 specifically - if not the original.
Xiga doesn't bring anything to mind.
Well, in this particular instance, there is a distinctive line that only the game it comes from possesses. It should be fairly obvious which line that is because it's... kinda nonsensical Engrish. Try using it! Or, if you're not a fan of searching these references directly, then keep in mind a big theme of many of my recent posts in general on this board - SHMUPs.

ENCOUNTERED AN ASSAILANT.
XIGA
BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

1. BE PRAYING
  2. BE PRAYING
  3. BE PRAYING

TWEWY

"You're good Goku. And I'm Black Goku. Goody-goody two shoes. Goody-goody two shoes."
"You're not black."
"Huh?"
"You're like white. Or Asian. Or whatever we are, I dunno."
"You're taking it too literally. ...Or not literally enough...?"
"I'm just saying I expected Black Goku. And what I got was Dark Goku. Nega Goku. Ukog."
"You done?"
"Goku is the new black." *gets punched in the stomach*

Spongebob, I think.

C: "Fine. If you're gonna be lazy-butts, I'll go wrangle your last two classmates myself. If the rest of you stay here and give the room a good cleaning."
K: "For real? Haven't we suffered enough today?"
C: *Stabs knives into table* "You wanna talk suffering?"
K: "No, we're good, we're good!"
C: "Have fun! I'll see you guys later!"
K: "Yeah, pull swords on the guy who got hit by a truck..."
M: "I think she's pretty cool, all things considered."
K: "Shove it, shutterbug!"
S: "This is what high school's all about!"
K: "Oh, yeah, you called it!"

I dunno.
"You're good Goku. And I'm Black Goku. Goody-goody two shoes. Goody-goody two shoes."
"You're not black."
"Huh?"
"You're like white. Or Asian. Or whatever we are, I dunno."
"You're taking it too literally. ...Or not literally enough...?"
"I'm just saying I expected Black Goku. And what I got was Dark Goku. Nega Goku. Ukog."
"You done?"
"Goku is the new black." *gets punched in the stomach*
Okay, now I have to know what this is from.

If you can keep putting the same quote, then I can too!
"Finally, the one who fought against me has disappeared from this world."

DBS? I dunno.

I'll move away from the last one I did but leave that one open for you guys if you want to guess it in a spoiler.
ENCOUNTERED AN ASSAILANT.
XIGA
BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

1. BE PRAYING
  2. BE PRAYING
  3. BE PRAYING

Time for a new quote!

"Welcome to hell, love. Too late to repent."
Bonus points if you can identify the character who said it.

IDK, the only momos I know are from phineas and ferb and avatar the last airbender, and neither of those use the word chan. (not even avatar abridged, which is surprisingly a thing)
"if she turns that thing on, we're doomed!"
"turn that thing on!"
"we're doomed"

hint: it's from a nicktoons network (now known as nicktoons) show that wasn't on nickelodeon proper.

No clue.

[NOTE: In this set of quotes, there is a specific term that practically gives the source of it away. For that reason, it's been censored.]
"I don't know. I thought if we all fired in one direction, maybe we could move the moon. You know, we could use the force of our attacks to nudge it closer to the D****** *****."
"Err........WHAT!?"

I dunno.
[NOTE: In this set of quotes, there is a specific term that practically gives the source of it away. For that reason, it's been censored.]
"I don't know. I thought if we all fired in one direction, maybe we could move the moon. You know, we could use the force of our attacks to nudge it closer to the D****** *****."
"Err........WHAT!?"
More specifically, Digimon Frontier. I loved that bit, it reminds you that yeah, these guys are really still kids.

"<Randomly named NPC well known for being a bit of a perv> keeps talking about pressing my pressure plate. I told him it was for stepping on."

I'm taking a shot way towards what I know, but it's probably not this. Wonder Momo?

There's three sections to this one - A quote, its original version and a more accurate translation of said quote.

The subtitle reads: "Fear the wrath of god."
More accurately: "I will teach you the meaning of fear!"
Originally: "Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou."

Still not sure... Hm.

"Diplomacy has failed. Thank goodness capitalism still has its place in Hell. Let's do business."
Bonus points if you know the reference on top of a reference.

Back
Top Bottom