• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Can't be too sure with this particular reference still. I would take a shot in the dark with that one movie based on a novel series that I read when I was young, but that's too vague because I forgot the name of it...

Welcome to my Fantasy Zone. Get ready!
Bonus points if you identify the original reference on top of where this quote comes from!

No clue still...

"Don't look! Don't look! Don't look! Don't LOOK! Without my glasses...I can't see and don't want to be seen! Where are they? Where are they? Where are they? Where...*Glass breaking sound*"

I'd almost say Velma, from Scooby Doo, but I don't think she really cares about being seen without them or they've ever been broken.

"Can I borrow your [power that would make it too obvious]? I want to help some random stranger I just met."
"That seems like an appropriate use of my powers."
No clue, but from these quotes, I feel like it's a parody of something...
Nope, this is exactly how it played out in the original.

I'd almost say Velma, from Scooby Doo, but I don't think she really cares about being seen without them or they've ever been broken.

It's not Scooby-Doo. Still no idea.

"Don't look! Don't look! Don't look! Don't LOOK! Without my glasses...I can't see and don't want to be seen! Where are they? Where are they? Where are they? Where...*Glass breaking sound*"

Just the same amount of a clue as last time. In other words, no.

Imma just post my last reference here again because laziness:

Character C: "The comet is approaching. I can feel my magic getting stronger..."

*Various onomatopoeias can be read in the background*

Character C: "It is awfully difficult to monologue when you peons are being so LOUD."

Character S: "What's a peon?"

Character A: "I think it was an insult."

No idea, again.

So... Owarimonogatari is what it yields.

All right, everyone, one minute to go! Are you ready? The engines sound like they're ready to go! Are you all set?
3, 2, 1, GO!

Probably something to do with racing, but other then that I've got nothing.

Now, this one's a little bit of a long one, so I put it in a spoiler.

Character R: "You see, I was expecting a package today that I've been really anxious to get my hands on."

Character P: "What was it?"

Character R: "A shipment of imported perfume. It was supposed to be on my doorstep this morning. So, I went to the post office to ask why it hadn't arrived, expecting to be in and out in two shakes of a lamb's tail."

Character P: "And it didn't got that way I'm guessing?"

Character R: "No..."

*A rumbling noise can be heard*

Character R: "THE LINE WAS SO LONG! IT WAS HOT AND STIFLING, NO AIR CIRCULATION WHAT-SO-EVER! SOME BABY WAS CRYING AND BLUBBERING THE ENTIRE TIME! THE ENTIRE TIME! "WAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAH!" I TRIED TO LOVE AND TOLERATE IT BUT IT WOULDN'T STOP!! THERE WAS ONLY ONE PEN, AND THE WOMAN IN FRONT OF ME WAS WRITING A NOVEL OR SOMETHING WITH IT! I WAS SITTING THERE FOR HALF AN HOUR WAITING FOR HER TO FINISH SO I COULD SIGN THE DUMB PAPERWORK THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN! WHY AREN'T THERE MORE PENS!? TELL ME, WHY AREN'T THERE MORE PENS!!?? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL! I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT PLACE AGAIN!"

Character P (thinking): I think I'm gonna need to change my pants now...

Character R: *Ahem* "Excuse me, yes, I got a TAD frustrated and lost my composure while waiting in that line. All I wanted to do was inquire where my package was."

Character P (thinking): A TAD!? It sounded like you had an aneurysm!!

Character R: "Once you're in that line, there's no going back! It's like they intentionally trap you! Forced to endure the tedious slow-moving line, watching people writing their life stories with that ONE PEN- WHY DON'T THEY STOCK MORE PENS!?"

Oh, and it has been edited a little so as to not make it immediately obvious, just thought I should mention that.

................................................No clue whatsoever.

The Spongebob movie?

This one occours shortly after my last one, and it is also in a spoiler due to length.

Character Ph: "She (Character R) seems to have gone off on a tangent..."

Character Pi: "Yeah, she'll probably be like this for an hour or so."

Character Ph: "Oh well... I don't know where we should go next though..."

Character Pi: "[Character F]'s house."

Character Ph: "[Character F]'s house? Why do you want to go there?"

Character Pi: ""I" don't want to go there, the script says we go there to talk to someone, and the something strange happens..."

Character Ph: "Script? What script?"

Character Pi: "Duh! The one the voice actors are following!"

Character Ph: "[Character Pi], what on earth are you talking about? What voice actors? Like those people who do voices for characters in cartoons?"

Character Pi: "I didn't look too far into it since I don't like spoilers, y'know, ruins the fun of the story."

Character Ph: "What? You're completely going over my head..."

Character Pi: "It says I should bo going to [Character F]'s house and that's where I'm going to go! You should come too because it says you say: "Why does she always run ahead of me like that? Better follow her though." and follow me. Seeya there, [Character Ph]!"

Character Ph: "[Character Pi]! Wait!"

Character Ph (thinking): Why does she always run ahead of me like that? Better follow her though. (beat) WHA!? HOW DID SHE DO THAT!?

This is one of my favourite exchange from this particular sourse material, by the way.

I have 0 clues of the blue veriety.

Imma copy-paste my last two here now k thx bi.

Character R: "You see, I was expecting a package today that I've been really anxious to get my hands on."

Character P: "What was it?"

Character R: "A shipment of imported perfume. It was supposed to be on my doorstep this morning. So, I went to the post office to ask why it hadn't arrived, expecting to be in and out in two shakes of a lamb's tail."

Character P: "And it didn't got that way I'm guessing?"

Character R: "No..."

*A rumbling noise can be heard*

Character R: "THE LINE WAS SO LONG! IT WAS HOT AND STIFLING, NO AIR CIRCULATION WHAT-SO-EVER! SOME BABY WAS CRYING AND BLUBBERING THE ENTIRE TIME! THE ENTIRE TIME! "WAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAH!" I TRIED TO LOVE AND TOLERATE IT BUT IT WOULDN'T STOP!! THERE WAS ONLY ONE PEN, AND THE WOMAN IN FRONT OF ME WAS WRITING A NOVEL OR SOMETHING WITH IT! I WAS SITTING THERE FOR HALF AN HOUR WAITING FOR HER TO FINISH SO I COULD SIGN THE DUMB PAPERWORK THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN! WHY AREN'T THERE MORE PENS!? TELL ME, WHY AREN'T THERE MORE PENS!!?? IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL! I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT PLACE AGAIN!"

Character P (thinking): I think I'm gonna need to change my pants now...

Character R: *Ahem* "Excuse me, yes, I got a TAD frustrated and lost my composure while waiting in that line. All I wanted to do was inquire where my package was."

Character P (thinking): A TAD!? It sounded like you had an aneurysm!!

Character R: "Once you're in that line, there's no going back! It's like they intentionally trap you! Forced to endure the tedious slow-moving line, watching people writing their life stories with that ONE PEN- WHY DON'T THEY STOCK MORE PENS!?"

Character Ph: "She (Character R) seems to have gone off on a tangent..."

Character Pi: "Yeah, she'll probably be like this for an hour or so."

Character Ph: "Oh well... I don't know where we should go next though..."

Character Pi: "[Character F]'s house."

Character Ph: "[Character F]'s house? Why do you want to go there?"

Character Pi: ""I" don't want to go there, the script says we go there to talk to someone, and the something strange happens..."

Character Ph: "Script? What script?"

Character Pi: "Duh! The one the voice actors are following!"

Character Ph: "[Character Pi], what on earth are you talking about? What voice actors? Like those people who do voices for characters in cartoons?"

Character Pi: "I didn't look too far into it since I don't like spoilers, y'know, ruins the fun of the story."

Character Ph: "What? You're completely going over my head..."

Character Pi: "It says I should bo going to [Character F]'s house and that's where I'm going to go! You should come too because it says you say: "Why does she always run ahead of me like that? Better follow her though." and follow me. Seeya there, [Character Ph]!"

Character Ph: "[Character Pi]! Wait!"

Character Ph (thinking): Why does she always run ahead of me like that? Better follow her though. (beat) WHA!? HOW DID SHE DO THAT!?

Back
Top Bottom