• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Rogue One?

"It's an old story: a visionary director tired of constantly having to justify his mad-prophet vision to buttoned-down bean counters with calculators for hearts so he sets up shop on his own. It's gonna be different, this time, see? This time, the inmates will be running the asylum and making mad moolah in the process. Three months later, the now penniless, despondent visionary comes crawling back to his old studio, begging for any job, no matter how dispiriting or humiliating."

"Welcome to the show that [Line that varies with each episode]. [Show Name]. The only show dedicated to social engineering, at the bar and on the street."

Scam School

---

"What is your most interesting story of interacting with Trekkies/Trekkers?"

"One day I was met by a delegation of Trekkies at my front door and when I asked them what they were doing here, they reminded me I had said to them 'I hope to see you again someday soon'. They only understood what I meant after I ran to get my shotgun."

"It's not every day one gets a chance to shoot a delegation of Trekkies."

"True. Unfortunately, they were gone by the time I locked and loaded. There is always a chance this could happen again."

Guess nobody knows.

"Gear up! We got a dead marine at Quantico."
"On your six, boss!"

Hmm, something about Warhammer 40K by any chance?

"I know the [nope, not giving you this word, makes it too easy] didn't choose me, and I don't care. I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger - the people it did choose. My friends, they are my power!"

Not sure about that one...

Roundness increased by 9! (Not that it matters.)

Oh I know this one! That's one of the useless stat boosts you get when you level up in that boss battle sub game in Kirby Planet Robobot.

"I know the [nope, not giving you this word, makes it too easy] didn't choose me, and I don't care. I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger - the people it did choose. My friends, they are my power!"

Maybe a webcomic? I'm not gonna research it. Yet.
Oh I know this one! That's one of the useless stat boosts you get when you level up in that boss battle sub game in Kirby Planet Robobot.
It goes back even further than that - it spans decades! Kirby Super Star had a boss known as Computer Virus, found in The Great Cave Offensive, which played out the battle like an RPG - naturally, when Kirby took on the (Action) RPG genre in the subgame of Team Kirby Clash, they threw in a few references on occasion whenever you levelled up. (This also applies to the recently released Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - it's pretty fun, honestly!)

When you look at the moon, I hope you remember me. I'll always be there.
I would do one of his battle quotes, but... Unfortunately, there's no official translation for that one.

Judging from that line in the spoiler, it's probably from some JRPG or something that hasn't been translated into English yet, but other then that I've got nothing.

"Get back here, thief! Even if it is uncharacteristic that you would be stealing anything, we're going to ignore that FOR STORY POURPOSES!"

Sounds like a Let's Play quote of some sort.
Judging from that line in the spoiler, it's probably from some JRPG or something that hasn't been translated into English yet, but other then that I've got nothing.
Correction: It was localised. However...
The game's voiceover was not localised (and there are plenty of reasons as to why), and for parts of the game which do not contain subtitles (i.e. the quotes uttered by characters during battle scenes, as explained above, as well as the death quotes for certain bosses - and, of course, the grunts of certain characters when they're hit being proper words equivalent to things like "That hurt!"), they didn't add them in, because otherwise it'd require even more debugging to make sure it worked as intended and didn't cause any... unique side effects. (That last point is probably the reason why the Japanese voice option for the international releases of Fire Emblem Awakening cause the game to go apeshit... The cutscenes that added subtitles in the game where my previous quote came from probably got away with it by simply adding them to the video file for those specific cutscenes, even if the videos in question are clearly made in the game engine.)

"Well... I think that Phoenix Games takes that blood-soaked cake by a thousandfold, and it takes it to the deepest fathoms of hell and back again for eternal damnation on the surface amongst us consumer mortals that actually paid money for this malodorous tripe..."

.......I got nothing.

"Heh. You're just as gullible as he said you'd be. Hook, line, and sinker. Lemme give you a little warning, [Name cut out]. That little s**t is a hell of an actor. I'll bet you money he's a born con man. I dunno what he is to you, but if I were you I'd trust the kid as far as I could throw him, and at your age that can't be much."

I have no idea about the above, but I do know Touya's one:

"Well... I think that Phoenix Games takes that blood-soaked cake by a thousandfold, and it takes it to the deepest fathoms of hell and back again for eternal damnation on the surface amongst us consumer mortals that actually paid money for this malodorous tripe..."
I know me a good Caddicarus rant when I hear one. It was the malodorous tripe that gave it away.

Anyway...

"We're going to punch these guys so hard that words describing the sounds will appear out of thin air."

Pretty sure that's not the exact quote, but close enough.

Probably something to do with war? I dunno exactly.
It was the malodorous tripe that gave it away.
Then again, he's the only YouTuber I know that talks about Phoenix Games (considering he's done three videos on them at this point), so I thought that'd have been a more obvious tell...

"You get lost, Charlie, or something nasty will happen!"

Sounds generic

"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE."

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

"You are a brick tied to me that’s dragging me down
Strike a match and I’ll burn you to the ground
We are the jack-o-lanterns in July
Setting fire to the sky
Here, here comes this rising tide so come on
Put on your war paint"

Back
Top Bottom