• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

That's either Spaceballs, or the KFC ad I'm pretty sure they took it from.

I'm guessing that's a Goof Troop or Goofy Movie reference.
You're close, you got the characters, but not the work (and no I'm not just being pedantic and calling it wrong because you didn't say Extremely Goofy Movie)

I'm gonna put in more to give a better chance at answering, honestly context of the new two alone should give it to you if you know of the work.

Max: "Head waiter's the easiest job dad, you just order on the penguins and read the funny menu."
Goofy: "Funny menu?!"
Max: "You know, baby-hunchback-ribs, Winnie-the-poit, Lion King-crab with Zazucchini."

"Genie's Franks and Beanies go to [Arabian character], uhh, [Chinese character] gets the Great Wall of Chowder..."
*Magic blast strikes him in the butt*
"[Magical character], your Bibbity-Bobbity-Stew is comin' right up."

Goofy: "Son, I've been thinkin'."
Max: "Uh-oh"
Goofy: "You've worked hard to be responsible, so I think you deserve a reward."
Max: "You're gonna get me a car?"
Goofy: "Who wants a car when you can have, your very own parkin' space!"
Max: "That's uhh, great. Just great. Now if only I had something to park in it."
*A car falls cleanly into the parking space, the passengers of which run out and leave a "For sale" sign*
Max: *Puppy dog eyes*
Goofy: "Aww, alright."

Well gawsh, I don't know much about this Goofy character I'm afriad, maybe one of you'll have a better chance guessing it then me.

Anyway, as for mine, it's from the same thing as my last one. As per usual.

Character S: "It seems quiet..."

Character P: "Of course it seems quiet! It always seems quiet until the aliens invade or the volcano erupts orcorhestra starts playing the scary music!"
*The other assembled characters are in various states of exhasperation at [Character P]'s outburst*
Character P: "Sorry! Jitters."

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't notice last time, but apparently one of the characters has skin in 4 colours... Hmmmm... I'm afraid I got nuthin'

Yet more quotes from the work in question:
Hints: You've been told it's not Goof Troop or either of the Goofy Movies, and really, how many other things has Max been in?

Max: "Head waiter's the easiest job dad, you just order on the penguins and read the funny menu."
Goofy: "Funny menu?!"
Max: "You know, Baby-Hunchback-Ribs, Winnie-the-poit, Lion King-crab with Zazucchini."

"Genie's Franks and Beanies go to Aladdin, uhh, Mulan gets the Great Wall of Chowder..."
*Magic blast strikes him in the butt*
"Maleficent, your Bibbity-Bobbity-Stew is comin' right up."

Goofy: "Son, I've been thinkin'."
Max: "Uh-oh"
Goofy: "You've worked hard to be responsible, so I think you deserve a reward."
Max: "You're gonna get me a car?"
Goofy: "Who wants a car when you can have, your very own parkin' space!"
Max: "That's uhh, great. Just great. Now if only I had something to park in it."
*A car falls cleanly into the parking space, the passengers of which run out and leave a "For sale" sign*
Max: *Puppy dog eyes*
Goofy: "Aww, alright."

"This is [name]'s doing."
"He assaulted our battery."

"Bad news, we just got another pile of bills."
"More bills? Ohhh, we'll just charge them. Charge them? That's it! everybody, come with me."
*The group physically charges (as in, rushes towards) the battery. And it actually works*

I don't know, but I kinda want to know.

Hmm, I didn't notice last time, but apparently one of the characters has skin in 4 colours... Hmmmm... I'm afraid I got nuthin'
Actually, you were correct with your earlier guess, I just wanted to post that one as well. :p

...And now for something completely different!

Character M: "You know what?" ([Character M] looks down at the slip of paper with our plans on it) "You know what?" (He stands up) "I think we're falling into the same goddamn trap as everybody else."

Character I: "And what trap is that, [Character M]?"

Character G: "A moat?"

Character M: "Uhhhhhhh... No. Everybody thinks of this war as this huge, inevitable thing. That both sides have their legitimate greivences and that the only recourse is to meet on the battlefield and slaughter each other until one side is announced the victor. And, that's... ridiculous, that's- we have two terrible sides to choose from, y- I say f*** that, is what I say. That's a poisonous goddamn line of thought! Right?"

[Character C] puts up his hand. "But destiny-"

[Character M] slaps [Charactr C] in the face. "You shut your mouth. Destiny is a ridiculous word that doesn't mean anything. Look, guys... We've done incredible things, right?"

[Character K] nods along with every word [Character M] is saying. He looks incredibly proud of this train of thought right now. [Character I], on the other hand, eyes [Character M] skeptically, her brow furrowed, but a smile palys across her lips.

Character G: "Like that time we beat that guy."

Character M: "Exactly. And the time we beat that other guy."

Character G: "Oh yeah."

Character I: "I'll admit, from what little I've seen of you guys, you have a habit of the unexpected. But right now you're acting on a blood feud that's lasted for centuries. You think you can outdo that with- with what?"

Character M: "What do you mean 'with what?'"

Character I: "With what, [Character M]"

Character M: "[Character I], I don't know about you, but I am [Character M] Freaking [Character M's last name], OK? I- I don't dance to somebody else's tune. I sing my own tune, louder, over them until they stop, and I dance to that. While I toot my own horn. OK? All I'm saying is, if there was literally anybody who could find some possible way out of this s***y situation, it's clearly got to be us, right? There's nobody else it could be."

Character K: "I think that absolutely is the case. Only we have the toolbox available to make s*** go completely awry for everyone."

Character M: "I like the engineering metaphors, [Character K], I like the engineering metaphors. Look, up to this point, we've been operating on the assumption that this is all going to happen no matter what we do, so that we have to- so that we have to pick a side, and cross our fingers. I... don't think that's what we should be doing. I think- I think we need to go full shenanigans."

[Character K] starts.

Character G: "Full shananigans..."

[Character M] nods sagely. "This is a work in- this is a work in progress, so stick with me, but what if it wasn't just a blood feud between two factions?

Character K: "Uh-huh."

Character M: "What if it is a boood feud betwen two factions, with.... a third party smack dab in the middle of it?"

Character G: "It sounds like that third party runs a high risk of getting skewered, but..."

Character M: "You're not-you're not-you're not-you're not wrong. You're not wrong."

Character G: "It's better then assasination."

[Character I] nods with [Character G]. "[Character G] brings up the right points- uh, can- can I ask what your plan is with this third party before I make any judgements? Uh- a name, uh- a banner, uh, uh- a something?"

Character M: "I'm thinking, uh, well here are a couple of ideas right off the top of my head. Uh, we could fight under the banner of Nine Shrines, Adventures and Dines. Uh, we could fight under the banner of [Character M] [Character M's last name]'s Conga Line for Peace. Um... that's all I've got for now, but I'm open to suggestions."

[Character I] puts a finger to her lips and closes her eyes. "If you engage - in a war - under any name of equivelalent quality to that... I will support you with every fiber of my being... so that sages and historians have to write about it for centuries to come."

That scene there pretty much sums up why I quite like [Character M], as well as the thing this exerpt is from in general. Just be glad I didn't go on longer with it though. Because I easilly could have.

Last edited:
It's not one of the FE Fates games is it?

House of Mouse?

"That was completely meaningless and made my brain throw up."
Correct! House of Mouse! One of the greatest shows to ever grace the Disney name!

"Now we're going to do battle with ancient Egyptian laser beams!"

I don't know, but I am intrigued.

It's not one of the FE Fates games is it?
No it is not. Though I will give you a hint: the format that particular thing is from is... video.

Character P: "Hey, [Character B]."

Character B: "Hello."

Character P: "Uh, yeah. Hey, whatcha doin'?"

Character B: "I am... [redacted activity]."

Character P: "Cool. Hey, you know I'm having a party at [location] this afternoon, you wanna come?"

Character B: "Sure."

Hey guys. Sup!

Character P: "Oh. It's you."

You don't sound very happy to see me.

Character P: "Well that's because I'm not. I saw your little stunt in Episode 3."

Character B: "Woah, what is that?"

Character P: "It's nothing."

Character B: "Are those the words of some all-powerful, mystic being?"

Character P: "No, it's from an idiot who can't spell."

Hey!

Character B: "I'm going to say hello to it."

Character P: "[Character B], don't encourage this."

Character B: "Hello."

Character P: "God damn it!"

Character B: "All-powerful mystic being... What is your favourite colour?"

Character P: "Are you s- what?"

Blue.

Character B: "No way. That's my favourite colour too."

Character P: "I'm done. I'm- I'm done here, goodbye."

Character B: "Can you make your words blue?"

Yes

Character B: "Awesome."

I can't be too sure on this one...

What was the last reference I put in here? I can't remember. In any case, this is the one I'm putting in now:
"Run, Trombe!
"So, hear my roar...
"UNIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSE!!"

Bonus points if you know what else it references, and why it's there in the first place.

I don't know either, but I wouldn't mind learning.

Character L: "You're taking women for granted - and aside from being lumped together and generalised about, it's the one thing all women hate."

I dunno

Character R: "This looks like a job for-"
*Character R takes off and strikes a superhero pose as her name is displayed in the background*

Character F: "Um... Who is it a job for? She just flew off without telling me."

That is by no means the exact quote but you get the gist.

Zero idea.
I don't know either, but I wouldn't mind learning.

It's a translated version of this attack quote from Super Robot Wars: Original Generation (though I forget exactly which instalment it is). The joke here is that Ratsel is voiced by Tetsu Inada, who also voiced Harry Ord in Turn A Gundam. Towards the end of the series, Ord shouts out a bizarre yet awesome kiai in the form of "UNIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSE!", and the guys at Banpresto love their Actor Allusions and shout-outs for the Original Generation - as well as in the main titles of SRW itself - so they threw this in as a shout-out, since Harry Ord doesn't appear in the Original Generation due to the nature of those games.

"I deny you and this mockery of a world we live in!"

Tremors II: Aftershocks

"So anyway! Why are you imitating me like this!? Is there something you're trying to accomplish?"
"Why would I imitate someone if I didn't have something to accomplish?"
"... I'unno, as a hobby? "
"..... "
"....."
"...So anyway!"

Back
Top Bottom