• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

I can only assume DRV3. (But what if they mixed me up and it's a quote from the Hope's Peak Academy continuity instead? :V )

"Everyone has something they'll never give up on. But that doesn't mean I can afford not to win."
"You don't have to win."
"?"
"Just don't lose."
*character blushes in response, nearly cries, then renews her determined expression*
"There's a song in my heart!"

Hmmm... A Hyperdimension Neptunia game?

"If you are living just for yourself, it's all up to you. No hard feelings, no regrets. If you think like that, everything is fine."

It sounds familiar... But I can't put my finger on it.

[1]: "I found you, faker!"
[2]: "Faker? I think you're the fake [REDACTED] around here. You're comparing yourself to me... ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake."
[1]: (Over the top of the other guy's last line because the dubbing's kinda poorly done) "I'll make you eat those words!"

I'm not sure.
A Hyperdimension Neptunia game?
Does a subtle declaration of love sound like something Nep-Nep would say!? lmao. I have a feeling you guessed it based on the colours I used in the post, and though both the source material of that reference and the Neptunia series feature the talents of Aoi Yuuki, it's not an exchange between Neptune and Peashy.

Speaking of Aoi Yuuki... That's the only clue you'll get for this one.
"I have taken fragments from the chaos of this world. Using the wellspring of wisdom that lies within me, I shall reconstruct them into the truth."

Dora the Explorer? (I have no idea)

"Come one, come all, 'cause we're having a ball, we're just making some calls to strangers~"

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.? IDK.

"We're back, huh?"
"Yes. Back to the days of reading."
"You always say it's boring."
"Yes, it is boring. But...
... I prefer it to seeing you put in danger.
"

Anyone who knows where this reference is from knows that this declaration was tempting fate hardcore.

I don't know, but it seems like something that I might enjoy maybe possibly I dunno.

Character A: "We're going back out there, aren't we?"

Character J: "[Redacted]s stick together."

Character Ma: "Um, okay, DIE HARD 2, but it's a total Whiteout out there and if we go all Saving Private Ryan we are totally gonna be FROZEN."

Character Mo: "Shh, [Character Ma], let it go."

Character Ma: "I CAN'T LET IT GO."

Last edited:
Powerpuff Girls?

"That day, we believed in victory. The final day was a really hard-fought battle. Do you remember it, Lu-chan? And then... July 7th. We lost...to fate."

Sounds like some sort of Let's Play. Maybe a tweet? I dunno.

"But half a year later, the incident suddenly ended. You were saved."
"We weren't saved! I have the right to know what the incident's mission was.
#1: That incident tore apart my life. I'll learn the truth and reconnect my life that was torn apart!
#2: That incident deeply hurt us and our families. Some still haven't recovered from the shock. I'll learn the truth for them and their families!
#3: During those hellish days, when my heart was about to break...

"You... Hey, you. Be strong."
"That voice again..."
"Three. Don't forget to think of three things. By thinking, you can still live."
"Whoever kept encouraging me wasn't among the rescuees. If he's still captured, I have to rescue him!"

Apparently something that was from the Mario Kart Wii community

"Gods ain't gonna help ya son
You'll be sorry for whatcha done

Them gods gonna hurt ya son
When you play with a loaded gun
When you play with a loaded gun

They ain't gonna catch you when you fall
You'll be pleadin' while you're bleedin'

They ain't gonna heal ya son
Don't care about whatcha done

They ain't gonna help ya son
You'll be sorry for whatcha done