• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

Atop the Fourth Wall

"In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of all, hear our plea! In spite of all, all alone!
In spite of all, we reconcile! In spite of all, we pass the trial!
In spite of all, hear us three! We beg of thee! We beg of thee!
In spite of all, we sing to you!
Please hear our pleas and help us too!
In spite of all, sadness rose!
In spite of all, yearning grows!
We call to you! We dream of you!
In spite of all, this all is true!"

"In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of it all, it would seem…in spite of all, we’re but a dream.
Hear our plea, you must! (You must!)
Please return our hearts to us!"

?

"You know what? I've been very overdue talking about this. There really isn't a whole lot going on, so...I apologize in advance for the jarring live action, but...there's something that I do to bother my friends every time that I hear the [censored]."

"'Better avoid being hit with it if you can. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!' he barked, and everyone jumped."
Wouldn't happen to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, would it?

I have no idea, but I kinda want to know and kinda don't want to at the same time.

And now for another one from the same thing as my last one:

[Character T]: *Turns the next page of the book she was reading* "What's all this?"

[Character Y]: "Those things probably didn't happen, so they're crossed out."

[Character T]: "Oh. Well, one of my idiot friends wanted me to proofread her book, I could do that for you if-"

[Character Y]: "I would really rather you didn't do that."

[Character T]: "It's OK, I could just show you the errors and you can fix them."

[Character Y]: "Look, it's- it's fine. they're scratched out on purpose."

[Character T]: "C'mon, I just... Like, for literary purpose, because-"

[Character Y]: "No, because it's not a big deal, [Character T], jus-"

[Character T]: "I'm just trying to help, OK? You don't have to get on my ass."

[Character Y]: *Sigh* "Look, alright, if you want to help, just keep reading, OK? Can you- can you do that? Will ya- do you think you can manage... that, alright?"

[Character T]: "Alright, if you're touchy, I don't-" *Turns to the next page* "...'Mother went to sleep.' Okay, see, you devoted this entire page to just one thing-"

[Character Y]: "[Character T]-"

[Character T]: "Just let me finish. See, the trouble is, this breaks immersion, you know. It's a narrative story, not a poem, so this doesn't really flow very well."

[Character Y]: "She died."

[Character T]: "...Is that bad though?"

[Character Y]: "Are you dense?"

[Character T]: "Well, you make it sound like you mom... I dunno..."

[Character Y]: "Like she died? Because, she died."

[Character T]: "No, I mean, I get that part but, now that I'm thinking about it, there's a lot of confusing stuff here. Like, how did you grow wings? You'd need insane amounts of power to do that - like, what do you think, you just 'poof', there you go, wings? That's totally implausible, I can't even-"

[Character Y]: "But, we completed an ancient spell and sang a friendship song."

[Character S]: "[Character T], who're ya arguin' with?"

[Character T]: "[Character Y], duh. Or did you not notice the prettiest, most intelligent [species] standing here?"

[Character S]: "Who?"

[Character Y]: "Hey there, [Character S], nice to meetcha"

[Character T]: "...Don't ignore her, say hello."

[Character S]: "Do what?"

[Character T]: "You know [Character S], sometimes you can be an oblivious jackass. Try to be nice, her mom just died."

[Character S]: "Alright, let me just get my head around this. I gave you a magic book, and neither of us knew what it was. You've been readin' that book since yesterday, not stopping fer sleep or meals, and you can now see a character from that book standin' here in yer beedroom. And what doess the character want you ta do?"

[Character Y]: "Keep reading please."

[Character T]: "She wants me to keep reading. Which sounds good 'cuz it's a good book."

[Character S]: "Okay. I'm gonna go. Run some errands."

Age of Ultron

"Captured again...over and over. No matter how many times I try to escape, I find myself atop this tower. Each time, I awake to see that another day has passed. The grip of this wretched beast is taking its toll on me. My only hope is for someone to save me from this torment... Going dark again..."

Back
Top Bottom