• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess that reference!

A T-shirt slogan common someplace?

"
Yes—it's lovely! Almost as lovely as this book... that I will continue to read... as soon as you leave."

Almost reminds me of something Willy Wonka related. Close? Nowhere near?

J2: "Do you have a rival or an arch-nemesis?"
J1: "You mean someone that I hate even more unconditionally than every other living and nonliving entity in existence?"
J2: "Yeah."
J1: "I have an ex."
J2: "Ah, say no more."

J1: "He shouldn't have broken the Shadow Orb if he didn't want to face the challenge."
A: "YOU broke the Shadow Orb."
J1: "Hmm? No, I didn't."
A: "Yes, you did! I distinctly remember you firing that gun thing right into it."
J1: "Mm, I dunno... In my experience, fairies who want to live have notoriously bad memories..."
A: "Um, uh, I mean... Wow, my memory is so bad, I forget my own name sometimes! What is it even!? I dunno! 'Cos my memory's so bad! Hahaha..."
J1: "That's what I thought you said."

J1: "So the 'sacred pyramid' was actually a crashed spaceship and the entire culture of the ancient civilisations was predicated on the edicts of a bunch of alien scam artists. What else is new? The important question, of course, is-"
H: "-Do we revive Abdul or let him sleep it off?"
J1: "...The important question, of course, is "How does this get us closer to what I - and by extension the people around me - want?"

(All 3 are from the same work)

BoJack Horseman, I think.

"I hate butterflies. I hate them for being beautiful, I hate them for being easy to cach. That they have pins on their bodys and become specimens is what I hate the most."

A WarioWare meme?

"My life is nothing. Giving the future to those who want to see it...is everything."

Final Fantasy XV

“It looks like the other people depicted in these statues, but it's strange and misshapen. The mouth is overlarge, the limbs long and distended, and it has hair all over its body instead of only on top where it should be. On the other hand, it wears a tie, which means it must have an office job, so I have some sympathy for it."

That sounds very familiar for some reason, though sadly I don't know.
(My last quote came from Loveless for those curious)

"Wait... [redacted], is that you? [...] Please surrender, [redacted]. You know the situation is hopeless. Continuing this will only mean that more of your soldiers will die. [...] What are you talking about? Death is final, [redacted]. Nothing matters if you’re dead."

Danganronpa?

Your obsession for rejection must be a weird complexion
The only power you have is making guys lose erections
Here's Mario's tip: Go and cry to Wario
We'd all agree, that'd be the best scenario
Don't wanna be rash
but your backstory's trash
having a tantrum 'cause you weren't put in Smash?
Have a sit down bro, it's time to go to class
'cause we're about to school your purple lanky @*#!

(Uncensored in the original version)

A Matrix media item I've not seen? Maybe that MMO they had?

(to reporter) "There's no denying the enormity of the strain the Purge placed on us all. But, given the tens of millions of lives at stake, there truly was no alternative."

Is it The Purge?

Je: "Do you have a rival or an arch-nemesis?"
Ju: "You mean someone that I hate even more unconditionally than every other living and nonliving entity in existence?"
Je: "Yeah."
Ju: "I have an ex."
Je: "Ah, say no more."

Ju: "He shouldn't have broken the Shadow Orb if he didn't want to face the challenge."
A: "YOU broke the Shadow Orb."
Ju: "Hmm? No, I didn't."
A: "Yes, you did! I distinctly remember you firing that gun thing right into it."
Ju: "Mm, I dunno... In my experience, fairies who want to live have notoriously bad memories..."
A: "Um, uh, I mean... Wow, my memory is so bad, I forget my own name sometimes! What is it even!? I dunno! 'Cos my memory's so bad! Hahaha..."
Ju: "That's what I thought you said."

Ju: "So the 'sacred pyramid' was actually a crashed spaceship and the entire culture of the ancient civilisations was predicated on the edicts of a bunch of alien scam artists. What else is new? The important question, of course, is-"
H: "-Do we revive Abdul or let him sleep it off?"
Ju: "...The important question, of course, is "How does this get us closer to what I - and by extension the people around me - want?"

F: "Well, that's too bad now that you've consumed me, your body's going to be a conduit for mana, whether you like it or not."
C: "Then I'll repress my powers ironically for as long as I live."
F: "Oh, you can do that, if you want your head to someday explode from the pressure."
C: "Has that ever happened?"
F: "...We don't know that it can't happen."
C: "Yeah, I'm leaving now."

(All 4 are from the same work)

That one might be too generic.

(to reporter) "There's no denying the enormity of the strain the Purge placed on us all. But, given the tens of millions of lives at stake, there truly was no alternative." (This is NOT the Purge or any movie.)

Final Fantasy XIII

"Not even a thousand deaths would be fitting punishment for thy sins! I shall smite thee, and in hell I shall torture thee over and over! After an aeon, I shall reincarnate thee, and thy lives shall be those of endless torment, thy bodies tortured in life and thy souls in death! The same shall come to thy children, and thy children's children, throughout all eternity until the end of time! Feel the wrath of my divine lightning, and plummet into the bowels of hell, burning in its unending flames!"

Back
Top Bottom