• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Guess the above Pokémon's English Name!

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Simple. Ducklett. The Japanese word for Duck is Ahiru (the latter part of the name) and Ko- denotes small (used a lot as an endearing term in animes)

Who's this Pokémon: Sunnygo

crystallineEntropy
Reaction score
I was going to guess sunflora, but then I cheated and found out that it's corsola. Weird.

mahoippu

Reaction score
Haha yes! Corsola's Japanese name is positively odd.

Mahoippu. Hoippu sounds like the Japanese loan word for whipped, like cream. So my first guesses are definitely either Slurpuff, Swirlix, or Alcremie. The first two evolve and are based off of it, while Alcremie literally is whipped cream.

The answer: Mahoippu is Alcremie. Bingo!

Who's this Pokémon:
Milobellus (French)

Sword Doggo
Reaction score
Bellossom?
The op specifically states Japanese names BTW.

Rokon

Reaction score
Bah, now I have to find those that can't be as intuitively figured out.

Rokon is Vulpix. I would tell you how, but I know its name from watching SM anime in subbed.

Who's That Pokémon: Hōhō