• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess The Next Poster's Favorite Human Character from Pokemon!

the correct answer.

i ADORE her. as a chronically online, socially anxious former victim of bullying i find her relatable in so many ways, and not only does she have that but shes also just so well written. you know? i have a huge emotional attachment to her (and the rest of team star for that matter). i was actually very shocked (and kinda disappointed ngl) when it turned out she was so hated by a decent portion of the fanbase, there legit was not anything i disliked about her. i think shes awesome

cynthia

In the RS manga yes

Professor Oak
i love her. god tier villain, so well written, and super tragic as well (she just wanted to rescue her husband, what nihilego did to her is not her fault!)
she did awful things but she wasnt even in control of herself at the time and now shes just trying to find a way to make it up to her kids
arguably she can be used as a great metaphor for mental illness and how it isnt anyones fault but when unchecked it can result in people hurting their loved ones, but also that redemption is still so possible afterwards!
her arc in masters ex is really enjoyable.
It's not Nihilego's fault, Gladion said it's her fault, even in Masters she says it was her fault. Nihilego only possessed her in the Ultra Space, she already did bad things before.

torn between love and hate. hes such a fun villain, so over-the-top and easy to hate, but also... he's just so evil you gotta hate him. so, love to hate i guess.
good character.

this one's very hit or miss but i'll take my chances. leon

i like him, he's a fun dude, but unfortunately for him he has a lot of competition even for the spot of my being my favorite galarian gym leader when the ones in swoshi are so much more fleshed out than the ones in the past (not counting the remakes and maybe gen v), so i sorta think i like piers, nessa, allister and marnie (if we count her) more. (also bea... i love bea so much from what i know of her, i played shield but sometime im genuinely considering picking up a copy of sword if i can find it for cheap just to actually... play the game with bea in it)
of course no raihan slander is intended. hes very funny and i like his banter with leon.

another hit or miss one. silver

SAAAAAAME
and i feel that way about gladion too. theyre precious and i want to adopt them... not as my kids but as my actual younger siblings. gladion deserves hugs and arceus knows he needs them

thoughts on wally?

I’ve always loved Wally, actually, and I really appreciate that despite his frailty he proves to be a strong trainer in his own right. When I was little I always felt bad for beating him in battle, but I realized letting him win would not let him grow into the trainer he wanted to be. and the spider lilies in ORAS symbolizing his resurrection as a new and stronger self was a very beautiful touch. Also, he is just very cute LOL. I love him lots.

Hmmm… Grimsley?

No

Irida

i was mostly referring to the usum story but of course she IS complicit, she made a lot of mistakes and her behavior sucked, but afterwards when she realized her mistakes she. you know. tried to better herself.'

Nihilego didn't possess her at all in usum

i forgot who she was for a second ngl. hm, i dont dislike her but i think i like the other sinnoh trainers more. its sorta cool seeing really young prodigy trainers in the game sometimes, like her and the psychic twins and poppy (tho im guessing mira is a little older)

really safe guess considering how well-liked he is but N

Back
Top Bottom