• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Guess the next poster's favourite Pokemon

Shaped Like a Friend
Reaction score
While I was never truly obsessed with it; it does have its charm. The dark origins that Bogleech have discerned from it's Beta incarnation also helped

Ehh...I think it looks kinda stupid. What is that even supposed to be anyway?
Arctozolt and the other fossils (Dracozolt, Dracovish, Arctovish) of Gen 8 are meant to look off, they're all chimeric Pokemon formed out of two entirely unrelated fossil halves by a dubious professor named Cara Liss.
They're collectively based on early paleontology; in which people were just discovering extinct animals through fossils, but were so insecure and competitive towards one another that they pretty much fought intensely for 'new discoveries'... which amounted to scrapping any barely-attachable bones they could find in order to create new species just to one-up their competitors.
Arctozolt in particular is 'resurrected' through combining the Fossilized Bird and the Fossilized Dino items: the former's raptor appearance and name indicating that it's a paravian, the latter seems to be a mistranslation. (it's known as Fossilized Plesiosaur in other countries)

Magcargo

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
not at all - giant monkey, dislike apes and monkeys as the species
give the drums to Passimian it would be a lot better
in hates for now on design

Simisage

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
yep, love the cutie tanuki, cute ur pattern

Sandlash

i feel like a genwunner
Reaction score
Not really but I can accept it

Let’s go with Sceptile

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
Nope
Non of the third gen started catch my attention, same with their evolutions

Absol

i feel like a genwunner
Reaction score
I'm not really in to Pokemon like Absol...

Umbreon

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
Favorite of all dark types
Love it

Primarina

* Happy Cat Day *
Reaction score
My favorite Pokemon at the moment
sweet caring pink fairy

Torracat

Shaped Like a Friend
Reaction score
Eh. Litten's a cute feline
I think Incineroar's fine,
But with Torracat I have nothing to opine.

Furret