• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guide Sub-Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derier44

Reaction score
I am aware that there is the Help Desk, but there could be a Sub-Forum for things that are relatively easy and more difficult. The Help Desk would still be used as it still is but I thought it might be easier for newer members if we had guides.

@DCM: He means a subforum for the various guides we have.

I don't think we have enough guides to merit a subforum dedicated to them, personally. I think the Help Desk is fine as is holding them for now.

Well for instance, in the Help Desk a lot of times people will ask how do I set an Avatar or a Signature? To avoid the same threads being produced over and over and to make things easier we could have guides. The guides would include step by step instructions with pics and gifs to explain what they were looking to do. A list of possible topics could be....

Avatars (How do I set an Avatar? Why isnt my Avatar uploading? How do people have animations as their avatars?)
Signatures (How do I set a Signature? Who do I keep getting infraction warnings on my signature? Where can I find a banner for my signature?)
Social Groups (How do I join a Social Group? Is there any requirement to starting a social group? For some groups there is no Join Group option, how do I join this group?)
Images (How do I post a Image in a post?)

Those topics above have had many threads about there sub-topics. I believe it could be a lot easier for newer members if they could simply go to a Guide Forum and have all their questions answered right there. Oh, and the topics above are not all the topics, just a few that I think should be included. And I'm not in any way trying to undermine the Help Desk, Im just trying to make it more user friendly for the newer members.

I dont mean to double post but is this being considered or.....?

UP because when I was new we had no guides.

Why not sticky the guides in the Garden Grotto thread or Help Desk?

That takes up more room. For organizational reasons, we like to keep the stickies in each forum to a minimum.
Also, that's kind of what we're doing now.

That takes up more room. For organizational reasons, we like to keep the stickies in each forum to a minimum.
Also, that's kind of what we're doing now.

By that, do you mean a guide sub-forum is in the process? Also, this sub-forum would reduce the amount of repeat threads in the Help Desk that I see almost everyday.

No, by which I mean "We already Sticky guides in the Grotto and Help Desk." (in response to the other user's suggestion.)

Right, but the site has way to many guides already made that are floating around to sticky, not to mention some of the ones that would be made in response to it's creation. Thats why I propose this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom