• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guitar Hero franchise bankrupted again?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What's up, guys. Guitar Hero Live was a video game released in 2015 that sold worse than expected, making it a commercial failure. Despite its second hiatus, did you think that the Guitar Hero franchise went bankrupt? Why? Please let me know, thanks. :)

It’s activision, they only care about what sells, and frankly, music games are a niche genre.

also guitar hero live may have sold less than expected, but from my understanding that was an unrealistic expectation and it sold better than what I’d expect.
I’m more worried about harmonix, as I said music is a niche genre and They’ve only made music games for 2 decades now, and they can’t afford liscensing much anymore.

Guitar Hero Live wasnt that popular from what I understand. That being said, the franchise eventually died because Activision tried to OVERSATURATE the market with a lot of Guitar Hero games in too short of a time. Nowadays there is Clone Hero for those who want to keep playing Guitar Hero.

Also, a fun fact, Guitar Hero 7 was in production when Activision ended up cancelling it altogether. The LostMediaWiki has a page on it and from it looked like, seemed they had gotten far enough to start working on gameplay and had compiled the full game soundtrack.

Last edited:
I don't know whether or not you think that their will be a Guitar Hero video game for the Nintendo Switch?

I have no reason to think that Activision (FreeStyleGames which they acquired in 2015) will release a new Guitar Hero game ever. After the financial flop of Guitar Hero Live, they've done nothing since.
Other than Activision, do you think there's a video game publisher available, will release a new Guitar Hero game, and/or acquire the own rights to the Guitar Hero video game franchise?

Well, it would also be kind of redundant considering Rock Band 1 is more or less their Guitar Hero III.
From what I recall, Harmonix more or less retired the Rock Band franchise around 2017. They have still been working on rhythm games since then though.

Who do you think's the actual owner of the rights to the following Guitar Hero franchise, Activision, Ubisoft or who else?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom