• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guys i just have something to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, YOU need to go to freakin' psychology and find out who the fuck you are.

roll on the infraction and the ban. ¬¬

I don't understand this post... It seems pretty pointless and idiotic.
Why is my post interpreted to mean that I need psychology, and I am conflicted with who I am?
And why is somebody being banned?

Is there anything wrong with being "sensitive for other people's sake?" I stand up to people who use the word retarded out of context because my brother is, as you would put it, retarded. I don't like how people use a medical term to say that something is bad or broken. Because my brother isn't.

I don't use terms like "gay" or "retarded" to describe anything other than what they actually mean.
And I don't use them as derogatory terms.

Lol, people that are anti-swearing... Yer getting pwned...

But Aqua_vaporeon, learn how to spell and capitalize, and then complain to me.

Besides, if the people that you're supposedly defending have any problem, why don't they post it? No, you're doing it, because you're being self righteous.
Stop being whiny and GTFO of the internet if you can handle profanity.
Stop arguing and let us make some jokes for another few pages, and then this thread can die.

You have no leg to stand on, and your grammar proves you have no mind to think with either. Stop trying. The vast vast vast majority of the forums is against you in this debate.

The people you defend make our ears bleed with their use of profanity. Most people here are around the age of 16. Swearing shouldn't be limited, there is nothing wrong with it unless you start acting like... Well, the people that you're defending, and start losing the ability not to swear. Now stop being sensitive for "other people's" sake. The mods aren't bullies, they aren't part of the problem, their merely taking part in a decent and unharmful reality.
You're acting like a troll. This type of topic isn't something to get your panties in a knot so why don't you sit down and take a breath or two. You are clearly taking this too seriously and way too far. I think it would be a good idea if you were to calm down for a while and shut the fuck up.

You're acting like a troll. This type of topic isn't something to get your panties in a knot so why don't you sit down and take a breath or two. You are clearly taking this too seriously and way too far. I think it would be a good idea if you were to calm down for a while and shut the fuck up.

and that was an angry response, not a well thought out one.
chill pill dude. in fact, everyone gets a chill pill. OD on them, it makes you chill.
inb4HOS?

This stupid topic was posted because someone has her panties in a knot.

Honestly, why the hell doesn't anyone read the rules anymore?

READ THIS FUCKING THREAD.

Swearing isn't on that list, and thread necromancy is, so stop acting bewildered about your god damn infractions and do what you were supposed to when you joined the fucking forums (ie, read the rules.)

If you think swearing should be on that list, PM an admin. They will ask you for proof of these extremes, you won't be able to give them any, they'll tell you no, and you'll go make a blog about how slimy the mods are.

Okay, the above post is kinda my point. Was all the swearing really necessary? It's obvious that it was thrown in just for emphasis, which wasn't needed.

Also, can people stop doing the whole "in before HoS" thing. This may or may not go to HoS and really, it's kinda pointless. It's like jumping on a random topic and saying "hi."

Seriously, is it me or is every thread devolving into some dumb inb4 thread? :rolleyes:

Edit: beaten :p

Swearing expresses and creates impact, which was also the point of my post. Only the truly butthurt will see those words as anything more than emphasis.

EDIT: Also, fuck.

I really don't see a problem with swearing considering little kids will swear in the future, heck my classmates in third grade cursed all the freaking time (where do you think I learned how to curse) I mean what's the problem really plus it should be the parents not the forums, if you don't like swearing then don't swear but you can't make other people stop

But is it really necessary?

Of course not, but then again neither is posting a thread about something that everyone does in an attempt to change behaviour that is defined in the rules as acceptable.

Honestly OP, you might as well go on /b/ and ask them to stop being perverts because kids might see the things they post.

behaviour that is defined in the rules as acceptable.

Well that may be true, but you shouldn't always do something just because you can or are allowed to. Or if you do do it, do it in moderation, not all the time or a lot of the time. Or be creative.

Don't say F*** all the time, say "Oh Crap" or "oh fudge" or "Fudge you" sounds a bit better even if it has the same meaning.

Instead of saying "Hell no" or "What the Hell" why not say "Heck no" or "What the...!?!" you get the same jist without saying "hell"

Saying things like "God no" or "Dear god" might offend those who are beivevers in god or religious, could see it as "blaspheming" I don't agree with people saying those things myself but I can't stop someone saying it, but I would never say things like that.

You can't stop anyone swearing, and I'm not trying to. I'm just saying there could be better ways of saying things than by swearing, thats why those words are considerred "bad" some are not so bad if used in the right context, examples:

Hell = referring to that place below with fire and devil lives
Bloody = covered in blood etc...
Bastard = A child who was born two to parents that are not maried.

And why would they want to?

Why do you post on a Pokemon forum?

You could be doing much better things with your time and it's not at all necessary.

You do it because you have the right to.

And I have the right to drop the f-bomb.

Well that may be true, but you shouldn't always do something just because you can or are allowed to. Or if you do do it, do it in moderation, not all the time or a lot of the time. Or be creative.

Don't say F*** all the time, say "Oh Crap" or "oh fudge" or "Fudge you" sounds a bit better even if it has the same meaning.
Oh yes, because I forgot what a swearfest Bulbagarden is. I don't see why you're lecturing bulbagardeners on moderation when there isn't even as much swearing on this board as you're making it out to be, and the ones that do seem to excessively swear with the intent to offend someone are usually trolls or actual children that this topic was meant to protect.

Personally, I take offense to people using fudge in such a negative connotation. What did fudge ever do to you? Its fucking delicious.

Why do you post on a Pokemon forum?

You could be doing much better things with your time and it's not at all necessary.

You do it because you have the right to.

And I have the right to drop the f-bomb.

A well built rebuttal. Not bad.

And actually... heh, technically I'm not supposed to be here. I still am.

And Outrage, whether by intent or not, swearing does offend people. And "usually" is a horrible word to use in an debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom