• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guzma's top 100 Pokemon

Okay, let's get this party started with number 100
Number 100. Starmie
1583687028208.png

I honestly didn't expect I'd be starting this list with a Pokemon from Kanto. I'm so, so, so tired of Kanto in general. And yet, at the same time, it does have a few gems. Some of them are literal gems, in fact, like good old Starmie. This thing had been kicking ass and taking names as one of the best Water-types in the game for seven straight generations, never dropping from UU and always having a niche on OU. Literally the only reason it's not in Gen 8's metagame is because for whatever bullshit reason Game Freak thought Goldeen was a Gen 1 Water-type more deserving of a spot in the Galar dex than Starmie. Man, fuck Goldeen. It's been in way too many regional dexes, is ugly as shit and... Wait, I'm talking about my favorite Pokemon, not my least favorites.

Anyway, Starmie's not just a competitive powerhouse, but compared to a lot of Kanto Pokemon *coughGoldeenandGravelercough* Starmie's got a design that's aged very well. It's nice and simple, but not to the point it looks dull. It's probably because it doesn't have a face, but it doesn't have those tacky Goku eyes that are on way too many Gen 1 Pokemon to count. Also, living things without a face are inherently cool, like the Ultra Beasts, several of which will show up further down the list.

As a sidenote, one of the funniest things about Starmie is that it can eat in a way actual starfish can't; it just... Somehow noshes down on Pokepuffs and Pokebeans without turning around and extruding its stomach. Pokemon that eat without a visible mouth are funny in general.

So, yeah. Starmie's an old classic, and one I'm hoping will be in the DLC. It's not an absolute must-have like certain Pokemon further down the list, but it'd be nice to have it back.​

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom