• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Discussion/Speculation

Laterna

Reaction score
Hey all :)
So excited for the new games- have watched the trailer over and over again!!

I realise it's maybe a bit early to start discussing and speculating on the Gyms, but there does seem to be one present in the trailer:

Gym_zps2ac3acf5.png

Kinda reminds me of Caitlin's rooms from B/W/B2/W2 - maybe a Psychic type Gym?

Also, it seems like they're re-using the Unova Gym symbol this time around - maybe just a standard symbol for Gyms worldwide or is it another connection to Unova similar to the Golurk statue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, that chick herself reminds me enough of Caitlin. She keeps popping up, who's to say that isn't a young her. Something psychic's happening with that room, and the symbol is purple/pinkish, which is the color associated with the type.

I'm pretty sure we got 3 gyms, a grass, a bug, and a psychic. The grass place with the swinging has footprint markers, meaning its not somewhere natural. Same thing for the web place, doesn't seem like an open space. Gyms are gonna be much funky this time round.

Three words: dark type gym.

There isn't a single one yet!

I agree with bug and psychic!
Grass I don't know! Didn't saw it!

Hopefully possible ground or rock type because of the desert!

Hope for Dark as well and maybe a poison! XD

The player swinging on that rope might in a gym, which i think may be grass based. or maybe fighting. swinging on ropes can be a very physically demanding activity.

also there seemed to be a psychic or ghost type gym. I say ghost because right after the room is "put back together" we see Psyduck vs. Litwick.

and Obviously a bug gym.

don't know if that place with the fire shooting up is a gym or something else. but for the sake of this thread, i'll say a fire gym

I'm pretty sure we got 3 gyms, a grass, a bug, and a psychic. The grass place with the swinging has footprint markers, meaning its not somewhere natural. Same thing for the web place, doesn't seem like an open space. Gyms are gonna be much funky this time round.

I didn't actually even consider that the vine place and the web place could even be Gyms - too busy Pokégasming XD

If it weren't for the pinky/purpley Gym symbol, I would've also considered the Gym with the floating blocks to even be a Steel or Electric type Gym using some kind of electro-magnetism or magnets to build the area rather than Psychic energy. Still, Grass, Bug and Psychic Gyms are all awesome - although, Bug with webs is all a bit... Bugsy and Artie, done it twice now recently, you know?

Sure, but what the hell it has moveable bubbles so it could be interesting. And Arty wasn't webs, it was cocoons. Since Grass, Bug, Psychic are looking to be gyms off of this I would think the other gyms to be:
Steel
Rock
Fire
Fighting
Dark
Just a hunch, but the 3 gyms that are likely shown range from rare to used somewhat, so I think the others would likely be in that range.

A bug gym, maybe? (EDIT: Oh, already mentioned)
buggym.jpg

And Arty wasn't webs, it was cocoons.

Ah yes - sorry, my mistake XD

I wonder if the place with the vines and the place with the webs could be the same location? I know it's probably a long shot, but the vines area could be exterior and high ground, whereas the web area could be interior and ground floor?

Dear Lord,

Let there be a Dark-type Gym leader.

Amen.

The Psychic, Bug, and Grass types seem to be spot on. Though I'd say what people are calling a 'Psychic' gym could just as easily be a 'Ghost' Gym. Thinking from a 'poltergiest' angle here. Also the Room with the flames doesn't appear to have a trainer inside it at all. So I'm guessing it's the BADASS elite four lobby, or it's a room in the temple of one of the legendaries.

Attachments

• Flaming Pillars Room.JPG
    Flaming Pillars Room.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 388
The Psychic, Bug, and Grass types seem to be spot on. Though I'd say what people are calling a 'Psychic' gym could just as easily be a 'Ghost' Gym. Thinking from a 'poltergiest' angle here. Also the Room with the flames doesn't appear to have a trainer inside it at all. So I'm guessing it's the BADASS elite four lobby, or it's a room in the temple of one of the legendaries.
It could be the room to the Champion XDD

NO MORE WATER AND ELECTRIC GYMS, PLEASE, POR FAVOR, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT.

are you all blind look at the trailer again the firery room has a trainer on top before the fire burst its a gym!!!

Back
Top Bottom