• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Iris is fit to be the champion?

• Total voters
Re: Gym Leader + Elite 4 Discussion

Well, hooray for Iris then! :) I really like her in both the games and the anime so I'm satisfied.

@Kishore;

www.dotup.org3116306.jpg

Iris is way cooler than that overrated Cynthia. I don't know what they find to be so special in that woman.
I'm not getting a clear picture yet !
But I don't think she become Prettier !
Poor Misty , Still stock as a Gym leader while Iris pass her !
But Her goal is to be a Dragon Master !
When will she chose to be a Champion !

@Kishore;

www.dotup.org3116306.jpg

Iris is way cooler than that overrated Cynthia. I don't know what they find to be so special in that woman.

hey, she's got SOME personality. she likes ice cream. and saying generic quotes about pokemon battles. aaaaaaannnnddd

i got nothin'

iris is a great champion. wild and free like her predecessor alder, my favourite champ of all time. he must be positively chuffed!

@Kishore;

www.dotup.org3116306.jpg

A pair of breasts, that's it. She's boring as sin.

As for Iris' team, I dunno. It looks rather unbalanced. A good Fighting type could rip holes through it. Add a few Ice Beams for good measure, and wham.

Dat plot twist, man.

@Kishore;

www.dotup.org3116306.jpg

hey, she's got SOME personality. she likes ice cream. and saying generic quotes about pokemon battles. aaaaaaannnnddd

i got nothin'

iris is a great champion. wild and free like her predecessor alder, my favourite champ of all time. he must be positively chuffed!

Exactly. The ice cream stuff is anime only. No wonder Alder chose Iris to take his spot. His old retired self wanted a young version of himself only with a personality that wasn't the usual "POKEMON ARE YOUR FRIENDS" crap that we've been being spoon fed since Generation One. With Iris, I feel that there is a Champion that finally has a personality that doesn't say generic lines about "Training hard" and "Being friends with Pokemon". In the games, she has a nice personality that would compliment her Championess(I just made that word up).

*fangasming*

I was so disappointed with the reused Gym Leader designs, but Iris as champion made everything looks better.
Her new design is fabulous. Her team is nice. Best champion ever.

All I seriously want now if for Alder to be battleable, like Red or Steven. It'd be shame if GF just sort of neglected him.

Okayokayokay... Lance was my favorite champion. I absolutely loved him in both the games as well in the anime, and he also shared my love for Dragon-Types. I liked his cool but still determined personality, and his love for Pokémon was also something that made me adore him big time. But....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SCREW LANCE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM! IRIS IS MY NEW ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHAMPION, TAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I'm not crazy, I swear. But seriously, she IS the best champion ever.

I'd really like to get a clearer picture of her new design. Getting tired of seeing it all blurry! But I'll say I'm already starting to like the idea of Iris as champion, despite initially being angry about it. Definitely happy it's not Hilda/Hilbert, though! That wouldn't have made any sense to me.

Considering that they are the heroes who saved Unova, have a legendary in their arsenal, and are the previous PCs, Hilda/Hilbert being Champion makes far more sense to me than Iris. But whatever, whats done is done I guess.

Okayokayokay... Lance was my favorite champion. I absolutely loved him in both the games as well in the anime, and he also shared my love for Dragon-Types. I liked his cool but still determined personality, and his love for Pokémon was also something that made me adore him big time. But....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SCREW LANCE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM! IRIS IS MY NEW ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHAMPION, TAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
I'm not crazy, I swear. But seriously, she IS the best champion ever.

OH GOD WE SHARE THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT SCREW LANCE HE HAS NOTHING ON IRIS' SMOKING AWESOMENESS

Not happy about Iris being the champion at all, even though I was sort of expecting it. Drayden and Iris' relationship is very similar to that of Juan and Wallace, so it's a throwback to what happened then.

I better get ready for some serious level-grinding before the league this time - there is no way on Earth I'm ever going to lose to one of my least favourite characters ever.

Considering that they are the heroes who saved Unova, have a legendary in their arsenal, and are the previous PCs, Hilda/Hilbert being Champion makes far more sense to me than Iris.
Not if they have a far more interesting role.

Considering that they are the heroes who saved Unova, have a legendary in their arsenal, and are the previous PCs, Hilda/Hilbert being Champion makes far more sense to me than Iris. But whatever, whats done is done I guess.
Don't know why this is a surprise. They never won the league in-story due to Team Plasma. The last known Champion is technically N.

How do you know they never won in-story? Red did.

Don't know why this is a surprise. They never won the league in-story due to Team Plasma. The last known Champion is technically N.

Pretty sure what happened was: N beats Alder's sorry ass -> Plasma castle stuff -> N's disappearance leads to him losing the champion title, giving the title back to Alder -> post-game stuff -> you beat Alder's sorry ass -> you're champion

What's the staus on the Elite 4? I'm going to assume they're the same as in BW.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom