• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Iris is fit to be the champion?

• Total voters
Re: Gym Leader/Gym Leader Team Predictions

One of my big hopes for BW2 was that Gym Battles would be more challenging, so I'm really disappointed that Shizui is 8th, because that probably means none of the Gym Leaders are going to have more than 3 Pokemon again.
Cheren's team is downright pathetic, and Homika looks like she'll be infinitely easier than Lenora was too. Colour me unimpressed.

Fantina was described as foreign too, but they never said where exactly she came from. This is probably the case for Shizui.

They don't use one.

Oh... cool...but yeah I still think Shizui is from Hoenn if he's foreign it would make sense and it could be a nod to Hoenn who is the only other region who had 2 Water Gym leaders. and maybe Fatina is from a region based on France?

If they wanted to stress Shizui is from Hoenn, then why not, you know... just say he's from Hoenn? They wouldn't give him an accent to reflect his home region if that region's people never actually spoke in that dialect.

If they wanted to stress Shizui is from Hoenn, then why not, you know... just say he's from Hoenn? They wouldn't give him an accent to reflect his home region if that region's people never actually spoke in that dialect.

maybe they wanted to keep it a surprise? You never know what to expect from Game Freak...

Keep surprise he's from a region we all know about, keep a surprise when Game Freak has been incredibly transparent when making reference to an old game, keep a surprise when all these trainers are appearing in the World Tournament, probably without a Kyushu dialect...

I don't find Flaaffy awful, but Flaaffy has pretty poor/middling speed. How will her famous "Volt Switch" strategy work? She was the most annoying and challenging Gym Leader with an actual strategy in the game. But, the main reason it worked so well was because Emolga and Zebstrika are both fast Pokemon. Flaaffy doesn't have such awesome speed, so do you think it will be axed for a more defensive strategy, there's Cotton Guard, Attract, and Cotton Spore I guess, but still.

Flaaffy also has Static as an ability, IIRC. Punch him once earns the player a 30% chance of paralysis.

Drayden got dropped to 7th and Shizui is now at 8th? Should've been the other way 'round.

Burgh just switched Whirlipede with Swadloon. That's it. :/

That's a little disappointing. I thought maybe he could've had a Bug-type Pokemon from one of the previous generations.

Wheres Miltank when you need her? :/

Not impressed by Burgh's lack of non-Unova pokemon. Swadloon and Leavanny is just dire aswell. You can kill 2/3 of his team with Ember or Peck.

Burgh could've had Beedrill or Vespiquen (even though it's female) to go with his honeycomb-themed gym...assuming it hasn't changed from B/W. Either of them could put up a decent fight. Bug-type Pokemon have huge weaknesses though, so they aren't very challenging to begin with. But why on earth does he have Swadloon AND Leavanny now?

Elesa's team: Emolga Lv.28, Flaaffy Lv.28, Zebstrika Lv.30. All female.

Burgh's team is stupid. At least there's a pretty significant level jump from him to Elesa.

Just like everyone else, I'm a bit disappointed by Burgh's 'new' team. Was a Heracross too much to ask?

EDIT: Well, at least they raised his levels by two.

Clay's Team: Level 31 Krokorok, Level 31 Sandslash, Level 33 Excadrill

I had a feeling that he would use Sandslash to complement Excadrill. I'm glad because I've been meaning to use it myself.

Well, at least Clay has one pre-Gen V Pokemon.

EDIT: Clay's entire team is male. Just like in BW.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom