• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader/Elite 4/Champion Discussion

Iris is fit to be the champion?

• Total voters
Re: Gym Leader + Elite 4 Discussion

OH... MY... *******... GOD...

I thought that they would just shove Iris away, I did never expect this...

I'm crying. I'm seriously crying. IN JOY.

I'm a little annoyed right now. There was like no build-up, nothing indicating that she was even interested in becoming Champion. She was even training to become a gym leader in Black (while already a gym leader in White), and now she's suddenly the Champion. This sort of reeks of Mary Sue, to be honest.

Then again I suppose this like when Wallace became Champion in Emerald, so whatever.

Maybe there is some indication of it, or a better explanation of it, in the course of the game. We're kind of lacking in story details right now, since the players have only been posting important points and really rushing through the game.

Interesting Iris becomes the champion. Logically it would be the other way around where Drayden would be the Champ while Iris takes over his duties, but this makes it very interesting indeed. Also, I don't find it odd that some of the Gym Leaders didn't have updated appearance, since I am sure some people prefer to have the same clothes even after two years. I mean, take Clay, for example: does he have time to choose something different to wear?

Thanks for reading.

WTF Iris the Champion... XD
I... I was really shocked... I really hoped for Hilbert/Hilda... why Iris? if anything, it'd make more sense for Drayden to be the Champion and for Iris to be the Gym's permament Leader...

Oh, fuck yeah! That's awesome! It'd make more sense for Drayden to be Champion and have Iris running the Gym, but I can't care at the moment. One hell of an 'apprentice becomes the master' story, eh? What won't be awesome is all the whinging to come, especially when more animé-watchers hear about this.

THIS.
IS. THE. BEST. POKEMON GAME. EVER!!!!!

I'll try to calm down. I promise.

I'm a little annoyed right now. There was like no build-up, nothing indicating that she was even interested in becoming Champion. She was even training to become a gym leader in Black (while already a gym leader in White), and now she's suddenly the Champion. This sort of reeks of Mary Sue, to be honest.

Then again I suppose this like when Wallace became Champion in Emerald, so whatever.

2 years passed. Anything could have happened during those years that made her a champion. I hope its explained how and why she became one. So happy! xD

Iris being the champion... surprisingly, makes a lot of sense.

I was going to think I'd be "hahaha nope", but I like this. Her new design is nice, she had been enough hyped as a child prodigy of sorts to easily be the champion, and she does that Lance did of showing up often.

... Now if only they didn't have Drayden as a Gym leader and Grimsley stepped down to be one instead. Now we have the same stupid situation we did in GSC.

I KNOW!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!! *MANLY TEARS*

Iris was one of the few things I cared about B2W2. She becoming the champion is a dream come true! EVEN WITH A BADASS NEW OUTFIT. I'M JUMPING WITH JOY AS I TYPE I CANT STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe#!!e!e!!!!!

THIS ALSO MAKES HER THE SECOND FEMALE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!! NO WONDER SHE INTERACTED WITH CYNTHIA IN THE ANIME! IT MEANS THAT SHE'S POSSIBLY GOING TO BE A CHAMPION IN THE ANIME TOO!!! EEEEEEE!!!!!!

Iris being chosen over Drayden doesn't bother me, as outside of Alder the champions usually stray more towards the younger characters.

Plus, Drayden is mayor of Opelucid, is he not? He probably needs to stay there.

BW2 spoiler

So, I'm the champion now? Now who's such a little kid?

(I hope they explain in game more about why she is champion now)

This is pretty neat! can't believe Iris is champion XD this game looks way to awesome to be real... so post game now? Oh and Gym Leader Iris should'n't you change your name to Champion Iris now? lol

The question remains will you battle Alder at any point in the game, preferably at a high level. It looks like we don't have all of the post game info yet.

And Gary.

But I wonder, with Iris being the champion, maybe post-game she invites you to the region her Dragon Village is located on? Perhaps Kyurem took off to there.

I KNOW!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!! *MANLY TEARS*

Iris was one of the few things I cared about B2W2. She becoming the champion is a dream come true! EVEN WITH A BADASS NEW OUTFIT. I'M JUMPING WITH JOY AS I TYPE I CANT STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe#!!e!e!!!!!

THIS ALSO MAKES HER THE SECOND FEMALE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!! NO WONDER SHE INTERACTED WITH CYNTHIA IN THE ANIME! IT MEANS THAT SHE'S POSSIBLY GOING TO BE A CHAMPION IN THE ANIME TOO!!! EEEEEEE!!!!!!
Man you must really love Iris !
However , She become a champion 2 year after Black & White ! Which mean that Iris will become a champion when she turn 12 .
Which is bad case for Anime since Character doesn't age in there !
Anyway , I'm more interested in Iris's future Appearance !
Is she become more Beautiful like Caitlin ? Does she wear a good outfit !
She doesn't have any weird hairstyle that doesn't make her look cute ! Isn't she !
Can someone show me a clear picture of her B2W2 appearance !
Ohh , Negaishipper must be real happy since they got a solid reason for Iris to be Ash's future Wife !

@Kishore;

www.dotup.org3116306.jpg

Iris is way cooler than that overrated Cynthia. I don't know what they find to be so special in that woman.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom