• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader Game

Reaction score
I wanna try something new here. Basically, the idea of this game is to theorize yourself as a gym leader. You may discuss your team (required), the theme, puzzle, and even sets if you wish.

You must use a random number generator to choose 1-18 (Google has one built in). You will use the type corresponding to that number (e.g. 7 = Fighting). You may choose what number gym leader you are, however, there is a catch to this: If someone has already picked that position, you must choose a different position. Also, you cannt have the same type as someone else. This resets every eight posts.

Some other suggestions:
  • Don't worry about being competitive, we want these to look like realistic gyms.
  • You dont really need to use RNG, its just a suggestion to spike things up. (You are, however, required to adhere to the eight-post rule)
  • Avoid more than two monotype mons.
  • Stick with giving a Badge and a TM once defeated. It does not need to be an existing TM.

I'll start:

RNG gave me Fire, and I'll take the seventh place. In the gym, there are four platforms that you must cross. Each platform is layered with hot coals that cannot be walked on. The player must go down to a "brig" (there is one under each platofrm, slightly bigger in area than each platform) and walk a path through the brig, then come back up. The path you walked will appear on the coals, as the tiles you traversed across will be extinguished. There may be larger rocks on platforms that you cannot walk across. After getting past the fourht platform, you face me:

I will lead with:

Talonflame Lv. 45
Item: None
Ability: Gale WIngs
Moves: Flare Blitz, Fly, Roost, Swords Dance

Next:

Simisear (cause I can) Lv. 45
Item: Wiki Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Moves: Nasty Plot, Flame Burst, U-Turn, Endeavor

Chandelure Lv. 46
Item: Ghost Gem
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Flamethrower, Hex, Energy Ball, Psychic

Infernape Lv. 47
Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Iron FIst
Moves: Flare Blitz, Mach Punch, Power Up Punch, Poison Jab

Once I am defeated, I will give you the Lava Badge, which allows you to be obeyed by any Pokemon up to Lv. 80. I will give you the TM for Flare Blitz.

(So the person below me can do anything except specialize in Fire and be the seventh leader).

Sounds funny:
Number 9 (Ghost i think)

Name: Noc (from nocte(l) : (e)night)

He is an oldschool ghost train operator from the Sinnoh-Region. He is a little bit lazy and forgets often to let the children out of the train, but thats a legend. He is in besides that so lazy, that his Gym Puzzle is to repair the railways but you have to fight Yamasks and Sinisteas.
Here is the Team
1662999108481.png

Polteageist
Lv. 34
Ghost
Cursed Body
No Item
Attacks:
-Withdraw
1662999698633.png

-Curse
1662999710744.png

-Shadow Ball
1662999766055.png

-Will-O-Wisp
1662999732497.png

He first maxes his Def. then burns you and attacks with Shadow Ball, when its HP are low it curses.

Rotom
Lv. 34 Ghost/Electric

Levitate
Magnet
Attacks:
. Thunderbolt
Electro Ball
Shock Wave
1663000540721.png

Sunny Day
1663000477066.png

He uses Sunny day at first an then attacks with Shock Wave an goes then after 1-4 turns into an Electro Ball Thunderbolt random. When the sun faints he will use sunny day again.

Chandelure
Lv. 37
Ghost/Fire
Flame Body
Choice Band
Attacks:
Flame Thrower
1663001031527.png

Heat Crash
1663001036938.png

Inferno
1663001079390.png

Fire Spin
1663001144532.png

It will use an random attack and stays attacking with strong sun-boosted Fire Moves.

Attachments

• 1663000527213.png
    1663000527213.png
    172 bytes · Views: 33
  • 1663000729081.png
    1663000729081.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 19
RNG gave me Water and I guess I'll take the 8th gym slot. My gym puzzle would be a complex sewer system which you would have to sail through, facing trainers and wild Pokemon alike until you reach the center where you face me. (Note: All of my Pokemon are Lvl. 47-50) (2nd Note: This battle would be a doubles battle)

I lead with:

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpD
Nature: Sassy
  • Earthquake
  • Liquidation
  • Stealth Rock
  • Poison Jab

&

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpA
Nature: Relaxed
  • Tailwind
  • Weather Ball
  • Defog
  • Hurricane

Next:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Giga Drain
  • Ice Beam

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
  • Perish Song
  • Protect
  • Scald
  • Rain Dance

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
  • Bulk Up
  • Earthquake
  • Liquidation
  • Ice Punch

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
  • Crunch
  • Psychic Fangs
  • Body Slam
  • Fishous Rend

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom