• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader Sprite Contest

If that's the case, there's probably no problem with Oak's, either.
Just as a troubleshoot, am I using a different program? For speed, I've been using MS Paint. Does that work differently or something? Or am I hallucinating after eating a block of country fudge earlier (which I really did)?

Paint doesn't have alpha channels.

Edit: I use gimp, which is abit like paint, but alot more complex, and it shows alpha.

If that's the case, there's probably no problem with Oak's, either.
Just as a troubleshoot, am I using a different program? For speed, I've been using MS Paint. Does that work differently or something? Or am I hallucinating after eating a block of country fudge earlier (which I really did)?

You shouldn't use Paint. It doesn't show transparensy properly. I use Paint.Net and GIMP.

I made Roxy, but I have to add the transparency. I'll post it soon.

I felt ambitious, so I did all 10. OTL
However, I've pulled an all nighter with some friends, so I'm like, completely braindead and uncreative.

10GLINVIS.png

Edit: fixed

Nice ones. :)

Edit:
Rod:
th_rod.png

Based on Cueball. How do you like the magneton on his back? His magnemite makes a special electric field that confuses the enemy.

Last edited:
So if you can make as many as you want I did some more:
So now it's Rod, Evan, Stanley, Raymond, Alex:

And elitefours Norma and Lee:

And the Champion Elias:

Last edited:
Leo, based on the black belt. That weird green spot on his head is his eye.

Leo.png

Very firey, no?

Recolored it with paint and did the transparency on paint.net

35bbjpd.png

Base = misty.

I thought of a female brock when I was making this.

EDIT: I also did Alex.

3025mbm.png

Last edited:
This was my attempt at the Water gym leader. I can't scratch trainers to save my life, so I basically just focused on scratching his hair and recolouring.

Evan9300314547-iaza.gif

I have decided. Since more and more people are participating (even though we're only a few days into this whole thing), I'm going to throw open the doors to sprites of the Elite Four. My only request on doing any/all of the Elite Four is, that you have at least one sprite of a Gym Leader in this thread (which I think is everyone above this post).
Also, for an added touch, I'm going to be a bit more vague...

(MOVED: see first post)

(as with the Gym Leaders, there's a fifth member of the E4- sixth if you count the Champion. Lee's battle room is a secret one, and trainers can only battle him if they beat Erin within a certain time limit. In that instance, he replaces Norma)

Last edited:
Can you edit the E-4 and the main pokemon into the main post?

Edit: all of my sprites so far:
Leaders:
0:Rod the Steel Leader;
th_rod.png

1:Kira the Ice Leader (along with Evan the Water Leader);
th_kiraevan.png

2:Leo the Fire Leader;
th_Leo.png

3:Moe the Ghost Leader;
th_moe.png

4:Ray the Electric Leader;
th_Ray-1.png