• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion speculation

^ More likely the gender of the sibling would change based on the gender you pick for yourself as in past games rivals had been.
Only games I can think of where that's the case are RSE/ORAS (DPPt had Rowan's assistant be whatever gender you weren't, but they were never a rival). I'd prefer more choice than just "whichever you didn't choose."

^2/6 is one third of games, essentially. That's a pretty strong precedent.

But I was thinking more like how in Unova games the 'idol' character was a different gender compared to yours.

Hm I actually wouldn't mind if your sibling is the PC you didn't choose, that seems fun. You could be twins too! But I also wouldn't want to miss the possibility to have a sister while being a female trainer, especially if that means that said sister is my rival, we really need a female rival.

So I do think I'd rather choose the gender myself, but I wouldn't mind if the gender changes based on who you choose as PC. As long as we get siblings!

I came across the idea of the gym leaders of the region being based on the 8 planets, with the leader of the evil team being based on Pluto - a rejected/renounced gym leader out for revenge to regain his status. I really like this idea, and I think it would be a fresh direction for the series to take.
Let us begin then:
  1. Mercury = Ice (planet known to have extremely cold temperatures when one side doesn't face the sun) [sidenote: it would also be good for a difficulty level at the beginning of the game: fire starter = easy, water starter = normal, grass starter = hard]
  2. Venus = Fairy (planet named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty)
  3. Earth = Ground (planet with various landmasses)
  4. Mars = Fighting (planet named after the Roman god of war)
  5. Jupiter = Poison (planet whose atmosphere contains mostly ammonia and methane, poisonous gases to humans)
  6. Saturn = Rock (planet with rings of asteroids and rocky debris orbiting itself)
  7. Uranus = Flying (planet named after the ancient Greek deity of the sky)
  8. Neptune = Water (planet named after the Roman god of the sea)

Let us begin then:
  1. Mercury = Ice (planet known to have extremely cold temperatures when one side doesn't face the sun) [sidenote: it would also be good for a difficulty level at the beginning of the game: fire starter = easy, water starter = normal, grass starter = hard]
  5. Jupiter = Poison (planet whose atmosphere contains mostly ammonia and methane, poisonous gases to humans)
  6. Saturn = Rock (planet with rings of asteroids and rocky debris orbiting itself)
That is freaking epic, but where's Pluto? (I'm kidding!)

In all seriousness, that would be a spectacular way to go this Gen. Having the Gyms based on the planets in our solar system would really fit in nicely with the games' titles; I really want to see this done. (That and the inner Sailor Moon fan in me is just squealing out loud!)

Of course since I want it, it probably won't happen. Such is my luck.

Let us begin then:

This is actually what I came up with.

Tagging @Evil Figment and @Kogoro because they were instrumental in coming up with some of these ideas

Leaders
Marcy - A racing enthusiast with a passion for speed, she pulls double-duty as founder of the region’s famously efficient postal service. An energetic, upbeat leader, she loves seeing trainers set out on their journeys, and uses FLYING type pokémon.

Vanessa - A helpless romantic who unironically enjoys reading (and writing) trashy romance novels and has a massive secret crush on Marcus. She’s Terrance’s twin sister, her favorite move is Attract, and she uses FAIRY type pokémon.

Terrance - A bit of a hippie, he's calm, thoughtful trainer who loves gardening and walks in the forest. He’s Vanessa’s twin brother, and a user of GROUND type pokémon.

Marcus - A reformed, but still hotheaded thug who’s constantly trying to become stronger, he’s trying to better himself because of his massive crush on Vanessa and became a gym leader to try and impress her. He uses FIGHTING type pokémon.

Juno - A regal, confident, and slightly jealous woman who used to run the gym alongside her husband, Jasper, and resents him for leaving the gym - and her - behind. She has a fearsome temper when she feels that she's been slighted in some way, and uses DRAGON type pokémon.

Santana - An oracle of some renown who is constantly tormented by visions of danger, but doing his best to remain hopeful that the future can be changed. He is the son of the former champion Uriel and forced him into retirement after injuring him in a battle after one of his visions went awry; he has foreseen great trouble from the feud between his three sons, Hadrian, Newton, and Jasper. He uses PSYCHIC type pokémon.

Uriel - An elderly man who founded the first gym in the region and later became its first champion, he became estranged from his son, Santana, after an incident in which Santana injured him during a battle and forced him to renounce his title as champion. He sympathizes with Hadrian, both as his grandson and as a former member of his elite four, and uses GHOST type pokémon.

Newton - Younger brother of Hadrian but older brother to Jasper, Newton feels overshadowed by his siblings' infamy and accomplishments and demands to be acknowledged on his own merits rather than being compared to them. He uses WATER type pokémon.

Team Dwarf Planets leaders

Leader Hadrian (Pluto)- Older brother of Newton and Jasper, he is a former gym leader and self-proclaimed philosopher, his ruthless nature led to charges of unethical gym practices and corruption and he was stripped of his position. He has become enraged over his rejection and believes that ICE type pokémon match his calculating worldview and has no qualms about sacrificing or abandoning those close to him if it will achieve his goals.

Admin Homer (Haumea)- A foreigner to the region, Homer initially moved there to make a better life for his immense family back home as a chef. Slighted at every turn, he became bitter and resentful toward the region that he felt never gave him a chance, and he uses POISON type pokémon.

Admin Makenzie (Makemake)- Another foreigner, though from a different land than Homer, Makenzie came to the region as a refugee from the invasion of her homeland. Anguished at the death of her children, she lashes out at all that she thinks slighted her, and uses BUG type pokémon.

Admin Erin (Eris)- A trickster through and through, she delights in causing mischief and mayhem of all kinds and cares little about the consequences of her actions. She uses DARK type pokémon.

Admin Kerry (Ceres)- An aspiring gym leader herself, Kerry wanders the region mostly separate from the team, trying to learn all she can. She sympathizes with Hadrian's feelings of rejection, having formerly been considered as a leader but denied the position, but is beginning to realize that her path and goals might not align with his, and uses GRASS type pokémon.

League and Champion

Callie - Jasper’s oldest companion, both in time spent together and in age, she is covered in freckles and is almost always at Jasper’s side. She uses ROCK type pokémon.

Gwendolyn - A tall, strong, and beautiful trainer committed to Jasper, and has appointed herself as his bodyguard. She uses STEEL type pokémon.

Isolde - A graceful woman with a tempestuous but disciplined personality. She uses FIRE type pokémon.

Eliza - A caring, motherly woman who revels in the sheer possibility and variety of life, and fights to preserve and nurture it in all its forms. She uses NORMAL type pokémon.

Champion Jasper - Younger brother to Hadrian and Newton and former co-leader with his wife, Juno, he is a powerful and confident ladies man who would prefer to spend his days in leisure, but he has a ferocious temper when he is angered. He uses ELECTRIC type pokémon.

Last edited:
^^^This is such a beautiful idea.... It works so well like.... It's just.... I NEED IT..... THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.... THIS IDEA IS TOO GOOD.
ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE A DISAPPOINTMENT. PLS GF DO IT.

AHHH AND A BACKSTORY FOR EACH GYM LEADER THAT TIES THEM ALL TOGETHER.... AHHH THERE'S SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR PLOT!! FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!! PLEEAASEEEE!!!

And now you just add in a story involving the Egyptian gods too and you have yourself the Ancient Generation of Pokemon... The Sun is a big part of Egyptian Gods and whatnot..... Awww man.... I NEEEEEEDD IIIIIT.
I came across the idea of the gym leaders of the region being based on the 8 planets, with the leader of the evil team being based on Pluto - a rejected/renounced gym leader out for revenge to regain his status. I really like this idea, and I think it would be a fresh direction for the series to take. I totally didn't just spend the last four hours coming up with ideas and concepts for said gym leaders, team leader, and elite four/champion based on this concept...
Let us begin then:

Only thing I'd change would be pls have a Dark type gym.... Plsss.....

Only thing I'd change would be pls have a Dark type gym.... Plsss.....

I was gonna give Juno Dark types, but then the suggestion of having the admins of the evil team be dwarf planets came up and having Eris be one of them, and...well, Dark types just fit her better.

I was gonna give Juno Dark types, but then the suggestion of having the admins of the evil team be dwarf planets came up and having Eris be one of them, and...well, Dark types just fit her better.
Hmm....
Admin Erin (Eris)- A trickster through and through, she delights in causing mischief and mayhem of all kinds and cares little about the consequences of her actions. She uses DARK type pokémon.
It sounds like there's a lot of opportunity for character development with what you just wrote. You could have the villain realizes consequences of actions, then becomes good thing going on. Apparently (*goes to Wikipedia*) Eris's father MIGHT be Zeus (Jupiter (Juno)), so what if she learns about her true parentage, is about to die, and then is saved by Juno who sacrifices his life to protect her cuz family. She then starts to grow a heart, turns good at the end, and eventually replaces Juno as a gym leader.... And we can battle all the gym leaders post-E4..... And that way we BASICALLY HAVE a dark type gym leader....
Pleeeeeeaasseeeeee

Hmm....

It sounds like there's a lot of opportunity for character development with what you just wrote. You could have the villain realizes consequences of actions, then becomes good thing going on. Apparently (*goes to Wikipedia*) Eris's father MIGHT be Zeus (Jupiter (Juno)), so what if she learns about her true parentage, is about to die, and then is saved by Juno who sacrifices his life to protect her cuz family. She then starts to grow a heart, turns good at the end, and eventually replaces Juno as a gym leader.... And we can battle all the gym leaders post-E4..... And that way we BASICALLY HAVE a dark type gym leader....
Pleeeeeeaasseeeeee

Zeus=Jupiter=Jasper, Juno is Jasper's (Jupiter's) wife. At least in this imagining.

Also, Eris is the goddess of discord and chaos. Among other things, she's the one who inscribed a Golden Apple with "For the fairest" and tossed it to a bunch of goddesses just to watch them bicker and fight (and ultimately start the Trojan War). A redemption arc for her would be...difficult. Not saying Jasper couldn't be her dad, but I don't think GF would take too kindly to the idea of kids that are explicitly illegitimate.

I wonder what will happen if we fail to get a dark type gym for 7th region in a row? But I love to see a Dark type gym.

This 'Juno' not being an electric type gym leader is a crime! Zeus/Jupiter throws lighting bolts? Also Jupiter the planet has insane storms and lightning, much stronger than Earth lightning, it's known for it in fact!

This 'Juno' not being an electric type gym leader is a crime! Zeus/Jupiter throws lighting bolts? Also Jupiter the planet has insane storms and lightning, much stronger than Earth lightning, it's known for it in fact!

Juno - ... used to run the gym alongside her husband, Jasper,

Champion Jasper - ... former co-leader with his wife, Juno, ... He uses ELECTRIC type pokémon.

I'm actually hoping there will be no Dark type gym just so I can have another laugh.

A theory is that Dark will never get a gym, because dark=evil and gym leaders are expected to be upstanding citizens in their communities. There's also the fact that the Evil Teams always use dark type pokemon so it's a little redundant to fight dark bad guys and then fight a dark gym leader too.

Back
Top Bottom