• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

Reaction score
I'm surprised this isn't here yet. I'm really hoping we'll se an electric type E4 member this time. What do you want the gym/E4 types to be?

gym 1: Bug or normal
gym 2: fire
gym 3: flying
gym 4: steel
gym 5: ice
gym 6: poison
gym 7: Dark
gym 8: dragon

elite 1: electric
elite 2: fighting
elite 3: water
elite 4: ground/rock
champ: mixed

E4:
-Flying (Paired up with so many types so should be quite diverse)
-Electric (Never had before)
-Ghost (Want to see the Ghost type handled right for an E4)
-Grass (Never had before)
-Mixed (Champion should always be a challenge)

1. Grass
2. Steel
3. Rock or Ice depending on player's choice
4. Ice or Rock depending on player's choice
After beating those, players get another choice
5. Normal or Flying depending on player's choice
6. Flying or Normal depending on player's choice
7. Electric (actually, made up of 4 Electric Gym Leaders who form a band)
8. Dark

So, basically, the first two and last two must be fought in a standard order, but 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 are seeded. You can't fight 5 or 6 until you beat 3 and 4, and you can't fight 7 till you beat 5 and 6.

My idea for the E4 was trainers focusing on a certain stat...the first one Speed, the second HP, the third Def/Sp.Def, and the fourth Atk/Sp.Atk. The final one would use a mix of the stats.

And then I had an idea that after the E4, there would be 8 more Gym Leaders for the remaining 9 types, with Psychic and Fighting doubling up, although not part of another region exactly...in a different timeframe. Like the Kanto GLs in GSC, the player would be free to take them on in any order they choose basically, although some required more work to reach.

So, Dragon, Fire, Psychic/Fighting (a double battle similar to Tate and Liza), Water, Ground, Ghost, Poison, and Bug would be represented post-game.

I created this thread ages ago, but its dissapeared so.............

E4
-Ice
--Psychic
---Electric
----Dark
-----Mixed specializing with Grass

Gym 1: Bug ♀ (bug freak, bug freak!)
Gym 2: Normal ♂
Gym 3: Ground ♀ (for some reason, I imagine a middle-eastern looking girl...I'm not racist, I swear!)
Gym 4 or 5: Steel ♀ (crazy tech lady who dresses like she's ready for a mecha battle GO!)
Gym 5 or 4: Dark ♀ (lesbian fanart w/mecha lady, oh boy oh boy!)
Gym 6: Fighting ♂
Gym 7: Dragon ♂
Gym 8: Ice ♂ (mental images of Ice from Ranger 2 loading...)

Actually, the interchangeability between Steel/Dark is that I'd like to see a city that has two gyms but is divided*, neither side will allow anyone to come in from the other side in even if they're an outsider. Depending on which side you enter from, you can only challenge that gym until you can get in through the other side. The levels will switch accordingly.

*My scenario is that the steel-type gym leader is trying to expand the city technologically, at the expense of the other side where the dark-type gym is at (and is kind of slummish), but since the people from the 'dark' side were there first and they don't like the idea of losing their home...yay, conflict!

E1: Water ♀
E2: Flying ♂
E3: Electric ♀
E4: Grass ♂
C: Light (just kidding~) Mixed. Surprise me, [female] rival!

Oh interesting thread =D:

Gyms
Gym 1: Bug (Male)
Gym 2: Ground (Female)
Gym 3: Ice (Male)
Gym 4: Fire (Male)
Gym 5: Normal (Female)
Gym 6: Flying (Male)
Gym 7: Electric (Female)
Gym 8: Dark (Female, We need a Dark Gym!)

E4

First: Poison/Grass (Male)
Second: Psyquic/Ghost (Female)
Third: Water/Ice (Male)
Fourth: Dragon/Steel (Female)

Champion: Mixed, I hope that he/she was the rival too =D!

Gym 1: Electric (Counters water, as Rock has countered Fire and Flying has countered Grass) Has only one trainer and an easy puzzle
Gym 2: Fighting
Gym 3: Poison
Gym 5: Dark (I'm thinking the leader could be named Jack, as in Blackjack)
Gym 6: Dragon
Gym 7: Bug (I want someone almost as badass as Aaron)
Gym 8: Light if introduced. The type of your starter if not.

Elite 1: Depends (The starter type your starter is good against)
Elite 2: Rock
Elite 3: Ghost
Elite 4: Depends (The starter type your starter is weak to)

Ch: Mixed (Cynthia style)

I don't care about anything else as long as I get the national dex right before the elite four so that I can see THIS as the champion's team.

I want a serious fighter as a champion for once.

Gallade
Hypnosis
Pain Split
Sword Dance
Drain Punch

Heracross
Megahorn
Reversal
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Breloom- poison heal
Bulk Up
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb
Dynamic Punch

Poliwrath- Water Absorb
Hypnosis
Toxic
Focus Blast
Surf

Lucario
Dark Pulse
Metal Sound
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse

Ursaring (Well he LOOKS like he could be a fighter.)
Earthquake
Shadow Claw
Rest
Hammer Arm

Gym 1: Bug ♀ (bug freak, bug freak!)
Gym 2: Normal ♂
Gym 3: Ground ♀ (for some reason, I imagine a middle-eastern looking girl...I'm not racist, I swear!)
Gym 4 or 5: Steel ♀ (crazy tech lady who dresses like she's ready for a mecha battle GO!)
Gym 5 or 4: Dark ♀ (lesbian fanart w/mecha lady, oh boy oh boy!)
Gym 6: Fighting ♂
Gym 7: Dragon ♂
Gym 8: Ice ♂ (mental images of Ice from Ranger 2 loading...)

1. What're the keystroke shortcuts for the gender symbols? Since my Nidoran rant in another thread, that's been bugging the crap outta me.
2. Not at all racist - more ethnic diversity would actually be really nice. Remember the Polynesian E4 member whose name I am looking up in another window and that name is.... Phoebe? She was awesome!
2a. On that note: WHERE ARE ALL THE FUCKING BLACK PEOPLE, GAMEFREAK?! If George Lucas could add Lando Calrissian in Empire Strikes Back, you can make a black Gym Leader.
3. Oh boy to lesbian anything, really.

C: Light (just kidding~)

Hell yes.

I would also like to see the return of double-battle gyms (plural). It was a great concept, if poorly executed. If they did this, I wouldn't mind seeing either double battles themselves being the Gym "type" (lot of paired pokemon with area moves and, of course, Helping Hand), or gyms with two type specialties.

Oh, and outside of team/type, I'd love for the Gym Leaders to integrate a bit more into the plot. At the very least, it's ridiculous none of the Gym Leaders, bar I think Wallace, actually did anything when their towns were taken over by Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic.

Also, Gen IV having the GLs pop up outside of the Gym was awesome. Continue that please.

1. What're the keystroke shortcuts for the gender symbols? Since my Nidoran rant in another thread, that's been bugging the crap outta me.
alt + 11 = ♂
alt + 12 = ♀

And until fairly recently, I actually thought the alt key was a useless piece o' crap!

WHERE ARE ALL THE FUCKING BLACK PEOPLE, GAMEFREAK?!
Not in Japan, that's for sure!

Rusty Shackleford said:
I'd love for the Gym Leaders to integrate a bit more into the plot. At the very least, it's ridiculous none of the Gym Leaders, bar I think Wallace, actually did anything when their towns were taken over by Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic.

Also, Gen IV having the GLs pop up outside of the Gym was awesome. Continue that please.
YES.
It makes no sense that a town gets screwed over by the evil team while the gym leader just sits there derping at the world and throwing badges around.

The Gym Leaders need to actually DO something. If they're so important, they should haul ass and help my little 10-year-old self fend off these fucking trained professional criminals using the Pokemon that made them professional Pokemon trainers.

If this world made any sense, I would be dead before I even reached the fourth gym unless I had an AR-15 to defend myself with.

alt + 11 = ♂
alt + 12 = ♀



Dammit. Still, that might be an explanation.

Not in Japan, that's for sure!

Aren't they?
ff13-sazh-katzroy.jpg

If this world made any sense, I would be dead before I even reached the fourth gym unless I had an AR-15 to defend myself with.

"There's pokemon wandering around in the tall grass. Take this gun."

I wanna see the return of Giovanni as a gym leader, i mean, if he's not in jhoto, kanto, hoen, or sinnoh, were else could he be? but thats just wishfull thinking.

But my only requests are
1.A dark type Gym
2. A Fighting type gym
3. A dragon type E4
and 4. Every Gym leader have at least 4 pokemon, so people can't make jokes like this

http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=35

The whole "Gym leaders have less than six pokemon" thing has always bugged me. I think it comes from a developmental assumption on GF's part that people won't have that many pokemon by the time they reach the first gym, which is absolute bullshit, because nobody goes to the first gym without six pokemon in their party. But they keep doing it, because that's how they've always done it.

GLs always seem to have a couple of cheeseballs and one iconic heavy hitter, usually a pokemon you haven't encountered yet (lookin' at you, Miltank). So why not give them four cheeseballs and two iconic heavy hitters?

Every trainer you fight comments on how strong you are, except that so often the right reply is "It's because I have five more pokemon than you do! That's it!"

Well, that and they use pokemon of the same type...

^What mooks.

Earning the right to challenge a leader would be a fascinating addition. The Pokemon League has its rules, but so far those have been mostly hidden to us. At the very least we know a Gym Leader has to accept any and all challengers. However, I wonder if there could be a stipulation that says you must perform a task set down by the Leader himself or herself.

I've found the act of simply walking into town to score myself a Gym Badge rather droll these past years. And, while it superficially feeds into the plot, not being able to access the Gym Leader prior (i.e., go fetch them) does make for some more involving gameplay.

I wish they would do away with the goddamn Type trend for once. There's so many aspects they could base Gyms off of (Height, weight, body shape, colors, strategies...), but they keep on using the same tired Type crap.

Oh well. If they go with repetition yet again, as it's the trend with the series lately, I only hope there's a Dark Gym. It's way too long overdue. I also hope for not another first Rock Gym, or another Fighting or Electric Gym. If they have to keep the trend, at least give a damn rest to the Types they overuse all too often. :/

Well, it does help more and more leaders are leaving their gym, but I do think proving your worth would be acceptable.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom