• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

I think Dento of Sanyou City will have the three starters. Because on his badge, we can see three parts : Green / Blue / Red, like the standard colours for the starters.

There are no symbols in Dento's room, either.

On another note, I don't know if I am looking at it right, but I think the blue part of Dento's badge is shaped like a drop. The green may be a leaf, but I can't tell too well. The red is just diamond shaped as far as I can tell. Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's the entrance to his gym. If that's the sort of thing you're looking for, I don't know why you said that for the stained glass building, as it has both the pokeball statues AND the stylized emblem. Maybe you said it because it's the only place we've seen with the emblem outside the building. As for the cannon place, I wouldn't count it out just yet, because the pokeball emblems are too far in the background to tell.

Yeah, these scans are definitely throwing me off...I mean even if they're taking gyms in a new direction, I wasn't expecting the Fire/Water/Grass starter.

Guess we'll know soon enough. Just crossing my fingers for Dark type gym and no 1st type Rock gym.

Considering the symbols on the badge, and the gym floor of Dento's gym, I'm left with the indisputable conclusion he has a fire type, a water type, and a grass type. As he is the first gym leader, it only makes sense that he has the starters. Which is also really odd.

I remembered (and probably some of you too) that in a rumour that gyms in this game will not all be type-oriented. If this is true, I would also go with the others that Dento will be multi-typed to showcase type advantages in battles.

I don't think Dento has the Starters considering he's the first GL and the player, Belle & Cheren just got them and battled with them.

I can see him being Psychic (with Munna).

true that but there are only new pokémon in this dex so he wouldn't have older pokémon

I think you missed the point I was making. The Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru that Professor Araragi gives you aren't the only Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru in existence in the world. Considering Dento's a gym leader, he would have probably had those starters long before you had yours anyhow.

Besides, Gardenia had a Turtwig regardless of who you started with, and Flint had an Infernape regardless of your starter.

Any reason why it would be the starters and not, say, just another Isshu Fire, Water, and Grass Pokemon?

Any reason why it would be the starters and not, say, just another Isshu Fire, Water, and Grass Pokemon?

No reason, Ryuu said starters (though perhaps he just meant typings), a person argued that Dento couldn't possibly have them because all of the Professor's starters are taken, I'm arguing against that train of thought.

No reason, Ryuu said starters (though perhaps he just meant typings), a person argued that Dento couldn't possibly have them because all of the Professor's starters are taken, I'm arguing against that train of thought.

oh, now I get what you mean. No I should've phrased my thought a little better.
It's obvious that there are more than just one starter per type. I meant that it would be a little bit lame when you just battled against your rivals and the first major trainer after them just happens to have the same pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom