• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

But Clair is the badass she-bitch with creepy cousin issues!

Pretty sure Iris is expected to be crazy and wild with bipolar srz face moments. Or you know, a little girl who wants to stray from her role?-I don't exactly know how her story in the anime is played out, but that could explain some things with banding with Ash...

I could see Iris losing her memory and only has her Ononoksusu's baby Kibago. As she's a Leader Dento can recognize her and deside to tag along to get her memories back. I also believe that Aloe is Iris' mom.

I don't see why the Kibago she has in the anime can't eventually evolve into the Ononokusu she has as a gym leader in the games. I don't really think a convoluted amnesia story arc is necessary. I also don't get how two characters have many people assuming they will be related just because they both have dark skin. I more than anything see a scenario where the old man in the screenshot with her speaking about the dragons is originally the gym leader, and she as his protege and/or grandaughter takes over the role after he becomes sick or goes looking for the legendaries or something. I can see her and her team becooming more and more powerful throughout the show and by the time they hit the 8th gym she is prepared to take on the duties of a gym leader. I have a feeling she will fight Ash, lose, then travel with him until he participates in the Isshu finals, and then goes back to being a gym leader when he leaves Isshu.

I lololol'd HARD at Quakebadge man and Beetlebadge person's faces. Yaakon looks super serious like "wut the fuck r u doin'" and the beetlebadge guy, it's priceless xD

Yeah, I'm telling you guys, Bug Badge looks like Carrot Top in that pic (well...before he got those weird eyebrows and lips).

Dark is once again neglected. What's next? Dark not having a 100+ att powered move?

I am amazed, like everyone else, that Iris wound up as the last gym leader, Dragon no less. I like the Electric, Ground and Flying gym leaders, as they have a great fashion sense to me. I really appears that there is an American motif here, as we have an African-(American), a cowboy, and a (what I think it's a) Native American in the mix.

I'm surprised the rest of the cast have (what appears to me, atleast) to be Japanese names, whereas all the Gym Leaders we knew before this, Dent, Pod, Corn, Aloe, and Iris, had English "names".

Oh black lips is probably why Ryuutakeshi thought it was a girl.

I agree with Konoko Hasano though while I can now see the lips I originally thought mouth was open (although I feel less confident saying that now).

Edit: Things that can't be unseen #20 Bug trainer's black lips.

Once again, Game Freak's hatred for a Dark-type Gym Leader reigns supreme. Le sigh...

Now, what's with the mask thingy the Ice Gym Leader is wearing? He looks like a TMNT cosplayer.

I'm sure this has been touched up on, but the thing I find the most strange is the reward for defeating Gym leaders. No HM moves were enabled, does that mean we can use the moves as soon as we get them?

Also the preposterous level cap. How much does it matter that getting 6 badges will let us use lv 70 pokemon? At what point would we have level 70 pokemon with 6 badges? (In other words, does this mean the rate of gaining experience and finding wild pokemon has changed significantly from past games? or is this just a strange choice for a reward, only implemented because it's easier to program and takes up less space.)

I'm sure this has been touched up on, but the thing I find the most strange is the reward for defeating Gym leaders. No HM moves were enabled, does that mean we can use the moves as soon as we get them?

Also the preposterous level cap. How much does it matter that getting 6 badges will let us use lv 70 pokemon? At what point would we have level 70 pokemon with 6 badges? (In other words, does this mean the rate of gaining experience and finding wild pokemon has changed significantly from past games? or is this just a strange choice for a reward, only implemented because it's easier to program and takes up less space.)

It's just trading

That's basically how its always been.
Iris being a Gym Leader was definately unexpected... and being the last one at that. I'd also like to throw in that the name of the last badge is the "Legend" Badge... which brings me back to that screenshot that we seen of her and that guy mentioning something about not being able to awaken the Legendary Dragons. Going with all that, and the fact that usually the main storyline with the evil Team gets all wrapped up around the time that you gotta defeat the 8th Gym makes me wonder more and more if Iris has some kind of importance in the plot.

I'll be quite now... I'm trying not to spoil myself, but... it's so damn tempting!:embarass::-(

I'm assuming that it being called "Legend" was just a coincidence with her role as Dragon Pokemon have replaced Psychic as the legendary typing.

Also lol Icicle badge, its like the Glacier badge in Gen IV. I can see this as a funny trend in future ice-type badges.

Last edited:
Breaking News!

It looks like we might have different Gym Leaders for each version.

288uyjt.jpg

Old guy seen with Iris in the screenshots.

Breaking News!

It looks like we might have different Gym Leaders for each version.

288uyjt.jpg

Old guy seen with Iris in the screenshots.

Is this Pokemon White's? If so, oh gosh! :dumb:

Anyway, I hoped that the gyms would have been more different in Black and White (like 3 out of the 8 types changing instead) but oh well!

I saw that same scan on /vp/. judging from the few leaked pics I've seen, he has to be from White version since that's the case that was uploaded around the same time this image was.

No wait, looks like its Black version that was pictured. Had Reshiram on the cover.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom