• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

Could Aloe possibly train ground types? Look at it this way, Aloe is found in Africa = which are composed of plains, savannah and desserts.

Dento could possibly be mixed type - but surely it would be way difficult for a beginner. Could it be possible that Dento actually uses a RANDOM type between fire, grass or water? Considering we're talking about type compatibilities and advantages here?

Starters because on a beta artwork for anime, we can see Tsutarjaa and Mijumaru's evolution and a Pokabu, they can be Dento's Pokémon.

Starters because on a beta artwork for anime, we can see Tsutarjaa and Mijumaru's evolution and a Pokabu, they can be Dento's Pokémon.

They would be too strong, wouldn't they? Starters evolve around level 15.
I know that Roark and Brock and Roxanne were in that range, but only one Pokemon were around 15.

Could Aloe possibly train ground types? Look at it this way, Aloe is found in Africa = which are composed of plains, savannah and desserts.

I think that is a misguided statement you just said. Africa also has forests, and lakes, and rivers, and it has air. Even though she is named after a plant which comes from a certain place doesn't make any facts, especially when you have ignored the other details of your own logistics.

Besides, you can find aloe in all sorts of places nowadays. If I go over to my father's kitchen, I will find some aloe there.

I'm hoping for a variety of types amongst the gym leaders. Maybe then their pokemon movesets will have fewer curve-balls.

Why are people here so stereotypical? She should be a Ground-type expert because "Africa has deserts, savannahs, etc.?" Shaking. My. Head.

Why are people here so stereotypical? She should be a Ground-type expert because "Africa has deserts, savannahs, etc.?" Shaking. My. Head.

Banned subject.
Back on subject, I think ground because of the lack of such.
I accept grass.

Insofar as the Homeland powers, America has electricity, thus Lt. Surge. But it also has rocks, dessert, mines, forests, air, fire, dragons, insects, toxins, Psykers, cheaters and pink blobs. So Yeah.

I really want Dento to be a gay french-man. I think he and N should be gay but thats a different topic.

Dento could have french couture.

As for Aloe....um why not give her a rock/ground/jungle theme gym, after all she is from Africa.

Because then that would be stereotypical... and her gym doesn't scream that in any way.

Also, why is it that Dento has to be french? Does no other society have sommoliers or however the hell you spell it?

Because then that would be stereotypical... and her gym doesn't scream that in any way.

Also, why is it that Dento has to be french? Does no other society have sommoliers or however the hell you spell it?

Since when have stereotypes stopped pokemon? Harley says hi. It'd actually be perceived as innuendo. And how is a pokemon typing considered racist??

And she owns a museum or something no? screams ground/rock...and i think oil is mined in Africa so Steel could be a choice too.

Dento has to be french because he just looks like it. He loks very classy, sort of like Fantina.

Guess no one else in the world can be classy then...

I said nothing about typing being racist, I said it was sterotypical. Let's give the African gym leader a jungle Gym because she's from Africa and they have Jungles there. There is more to Africa than Jungles and I would hope GF would actually make the character have a specific team because who she is, not where she's from. Or are ghosts French exclusive?

Guess no one else in the world can be classy then...

I said nothing about typing being racist, I said it was sterotypical. Let's give the African gym leader a jungle Gym because she's from Africa and they have Jungles there. There is more to Africa than Jungles and I would hope GF would actually make the character have a specific team because who she is, not where she's from. Or are ghosts French exclusive?

Well it would give a sense that Pokemon are all over the world. Well it'd make sense for Fantina to be a ghost gym trainer from France...ever hear of the catacombs in Paris?

Well yeah, but Italy has those too. Ever read the Cask of Amontillado?

But your first sentence doesn't really make sense. I asked what her being french had to do with her having ghosts and you reply with, "Well it would give a sense that Pokemon are all over the world," which is a no brainer.

My point is that it doesn't matter if Aloe is from Africa (I assume she is), because that's not going to have any effect on what pokemon she has.

I'm wavering about whether or not there'll be type-specific gym leaders this time around. On the one hand, we've seen what looked to be a Bug-type gym, plus the fairground gym which could easily be rationalised as, say, Electric. But then we have Dento and Aloe, and their gyms. Neither their character designs, nor the designs of their gyms really suggest any specific type...

I think that Aloe is a Ground gym leader. Her "shadow" on the scan is orange and the name of the city where she is gym leader can be related to the Ground type. (And we have only one Ground gym leader).

(And I think that Dento is a Normal gym leader)

Well we've seen the badge which is yellow with three rubies.

That doesn't answer much though.

It's a ruby, a sapphire, and an emerald actually.

And that's Dento's badge. But I'll agree that maybe there are no type teams anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom