• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

I was wondering, and I thought of something genius. The gym badge is a compass,and the badges are split into sections. The first 2 gyms are the compass hands, or Dento and Aloe. Dento's badge would be a gold pointer with a ruby, a sapphire and an emerald. Aloe's would be a silver one, with a Diamond, a pearl, and a piece of platinum. The piece to hold the two together is of course a crystal. Going on, the next 4 badges are the 4 points, N,S,E,W. The north is blue, the south is red, the east is green, and the west is yellow.
The badge case, also acts as an important item which is the compass of life. Its used to find your way through the final gym, which has no badge, and is a dungeon. Being so important, the badge case is of course, black and white. Of course, I could be an insane loon, and have no idea what I just said.

I was wondering, and I thought of something genius. The gym badge is a compass,and the badges are split into sections. The first 2 gyms are the compass hands, or Dento and Aloe. Dento's badge would be a gold pointer with a ruby, a sapphire and an emerald. Aloe's would be a silver one, with a Diamond, a pearl, and a piece of platinum. The piece to hold the two together is of course a crystal. Going on, the next 4 badges are the 4 points, N,S,E,W. The north is blue, the south is red, the east is green, and the west is yellow.
The badge case, also acts as an important item which is the compass of life. Its used to find your way through the final gym, which has no badge, and is a dungeon. Being so important, the badge case is of course, black and white. Of course, I could be an insane loon, and have no idea what I just said.

You, sir, are brilliant. That would be awesome. Nice thinking.

That...was brillaint :D

Fair enough.

Dento being Grass-type makes sense, especially considering his hair color. Most Gym Leaders' appearance typically suggest what type they specialize in. I don't know, though. That badge...

Maybe they just gave him that bagde to fuck with our heads it nto lik ethe done before... I mean while Gen V did change a lot they still kept the Gyms and villan team thing so I'm inclined they kept the Mono-Type gyms..

I'd really be okay with the mix type but not every trainer uses a balenced team and besides Grass would be a easy type to go up agiansty first

(Good for Pokabu bad for Mijimaru who's weak to grass unless he gets the fighting type (his middle evo does look kinda fihgting-ish and Tsujura who resists itself)

I'd really be okay with the mix type but not every trainer uses a balenced team and besides Grass would be a easy type to go up agiansty first

so?

it's the first gym; it's bound to be easy.

dento: yanappu
player: pokabu, mamepato

dento: water-type
player: tsutaja, kurumiru

dento: fire-type
player: mijumaru

you shouldn't have any problems defeating him with these pokémon. they're early pokémon, so you'll get them before sanyou city. if you don't wanna catch mamepato and such, then just level up your starter... it shouldn't be that difficult to win the very first badge of the region.

so?

it's the first gym; it's bound to be easy.

dento: yanappu
player: pokabu, mamepato

dento: water-type
player: tsutaja, kurumiru

dento: fire-type
player: mijumaru

you shouldn't have any problems defeating him with these pokémon. they're early pokémon, so you'll get them before sanyou city. if you don't wanna catch mamepato and such, then just level up your starter... it shouldn't be that difficult to win the very first badge of the region.

Even so how do you think the newer players to the franchise will feel?What they pick Mijumaru and he turns out to be grass type trainer?

Even so how do you think the newer players to the franchise will feel?What they pick Mijumaru and he turns out to be grass type trainer?

How do you think the newer players felt all these years when they chose a fire type in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th generations?

But yes, Charmander did learn Metal Claw, in FRLG. And other fire Pokemon.

Anyway. I suggested earlier that Dento could have different Pokemon but the same type as your starter.

For example:

Your starter: Tsutaja
Dento's Pokemon: Yanappu

Your Starter: Pokabu
Dento's Pokemon: Darumakka

Your Starter: Mijumaru
Dento's Pokemon: Basurao (could be a different earlier water type Pokemon)

Is the first Leader that much of a deterrent for players? I've never thought so. In fact, any time I speak with a casual fan, he or she seems to enjoy the challenge. Even retro fans, when they had to pick Charmander, have a sense of pride or accomplishment that they feel when they reaccount taking on Brock.

Long story short: The first Gym Leader matter very little, at least in the scope of picking your starter and surviving the match.

I think it would be cool to see non mono-type gyms in this game. Or at least elite four. Has it even been confirmed that it will be the standard 8 gyms and then elite four?

Ok, so if the gym leaders still focus on a specific type, we can imply that Dento is a grass type gym leader since he has Yanappu. I know that anime =/= games, but I don't know why they would change something like that.

Ok, so if the gym leaders still focus on a specific type, we can imply that Dento is a grass type gym leader since he has Yanappu. I know that anime =/= games, but I don't know why they would change something like that.

Volkner's an electric type gym leader, yet he has an Octillery.
So that argument cannot be used.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom