• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leaders?

RobMysterio

Reaction score
As my storyline is set several years after the anime and the original game series
I was wondering do you think the gym leaders should developed, past the stage of Forest (Instead of Brock) still having a geodude that can only basically use tackle.
Or would it be more realistic/entertaining, for the teams to be somewhat better, while still believable that a rookie trainer could defeat them?

Don't forget that the trainers don't necessarily have to face off against the Gym Leaders in the same order.

Think about it. If there were no obstacles or problems, the logical route to take, defeating Gyms, from Pallet would be: Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, Saffron, Vermilion/Celadon, Celadon/Vermilion, Fuchsia and finally, Cinnabar. (8, 1, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 7)

You could swap around what the easier Gyms are if you wanted.

Yeah
I've put a little thought into that
But I'm still certain Pewter is going to be the first
& current storyline dictates it going more or less by traditional script

I think it would be better to make realistic than just based it off from the games.

In response to your original question though, I think the latter option would be best.

I would say though, please don't make the reasons for them taking the route they do be the same as the games/anime because that would be seriously lame. They need to have their own reasoning for taking a certain route.

In response to your original question though, I think the latter option would be best.

I would say though, please don't make the reasons for them taking the route they do be the same as the games/anime because that would be seriously lame. They need to have their own reasoning for taking a certain route.

Yeah
I've had some thoughts with that as well

Some ideas have been taken from the games as well
But thats just cause it helps further my storyline a bit

Since you're the author, you can take whatever creative liberties you want. How many years after, would you say? If it's a good number, then it would make since to change the Pokémon, change the leaders, or even change the gyms. Nothing has to be static, and nothing should be static. Nobody wants to read the same copy-paste world over and over with different main characters.

If it's in the future, odds are at least one or two of the elderly Gym Leaders (Blaine, Pryce, Wattson) would have died or retired, and a few of the Gym Leaders would have ambitions beyond just tending the Gym their whole life (specifically referring to Volkner wanting to challenge the E4, which is canon). Would be cool to write about how a trainer could become a gym leader, what would be required of them, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom