• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Christianity is the only religion WARNED against a particular number.

So...
The base of the matter is, you find a number offensive and want it out of other people’s games where you won’t even see it, so I should be free to remove a number from your game that I find offensive.

And then 69 should be removed because it offends parents, which you’re perfectly in support of.

And all the while I’d like to remind you that any Christian will only see the number if they themselves use it. So it feels more like an attempt to force control just for the sake of control on non-Christians.

The base of the matter is, you find a number offensive and want it out of other people’s games where you won’t even see it, so I should be free to remove a number from your game that I find offensive.

And then 69 should be removed because it offends parents, which you’re perfectly in support of.
Fine, ban 69 too, then. I don't mind.

We could also ban 88, because it's linked to Nazism.

Fine, ban 69 too, then. I don't mind.
And every number that has even the slightest bad connotations in every religion to exist.

It feels like an attempt to just exert control on other people just because one can, because if you’re seeing 666 in your game because you yourself chose to. Any Christian would just not use the number, so why should it be banned for a Hindu or Muslim player?

That's like telling somebody "if you don't like drugs, just don't use them. No reason to block them for the rest of us!"

If, as a Christian, I am convinced that number is a bad influence, of course I would want it banned for everybody. It's what I feel would be the right thing to do. Even if it doesn't affect me personally.

But it's not like I control GameFreak or anything, so don't panic just yet!
That's not really a fair comparison. The number in Christianity is only relevant when it comes to people who believe in it. To atheists or people who believe in different faith, the number is irrelevant and hence they should be able to choose the number.

Drugs on the other hand are bad for you regardless of what you believe in, where you're from, etc.

I believe drinking water is bad for you. It’s against the law for you to ever come in contact or drink water ever again.
You are not the world's most popular religion, so kindly f*ck off. ;)

Jokes aside, I am allowed to disagree with your water ban. Just like you are allowed to disagree with the ban of #666.

You won't change my mind either way. But it's GF's decision.

Last edited:
That’s my entire point. Taboo against 666 shouldn’t be forced on me.
And that's great but if others don't want it imposed on them, then Christians should respect their decision.
It's simple, guys.
  1. I think the number is bad for both Christians and non-Christians.
  2. I would celebrate if GF banned the number.
  3. HOWEVER, I am not banning the number myself, because I have no control over GameFreak, so you can calm down.

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but is there nice version of the map with gym positions indicated?
The known gyms are visible in the official map but if you're asking about all 8 gyms then unfortunately we still don't know where some of them are located.

Guys you’re going to get this thread locked again can we please move on.

@Meta Boss @PkmnTrainerV you two end up like this a lot it seems you should just “ignore” one another. For the sake of not locking threads constantly...
I get your point, but why are you saying this, when the discussion already ended, and it ended peacefully? ¯\(ツ)

I find Dark and Ice to be a rather odd pairing for a version exclusive Gym, especially when compared to the confirmed Fighting/Ghost and the highly likely Fairy/Poison pairings.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom