• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Gyms Speculation Thread

venusboi79

learn it live it love it
Reaction score
I’d like to see the opposite version exclusive gym leaders be available as “unofficial” gym battles; either post-game, or in an area close to the version exclusive gym.

Sort of like the Fighting gym from G1 Kanto, but instead of a Hitmon, you’d get the TM you would have gotten from the opposite version battle.

What's this about blocked numbers?
I don’t think there’s been any official statement about blocked jersey numbers; just people hoping that certain 3 number strings aren’t banned due to “unsavory” connections.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a goroawase myself for my numbers, it's harder than it looks

swiftgallade46

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Why was latias banned?
I can’t find it, but there was a list of Pokémon somewhere that were all banned from the GTS at some point for having banned words in their actual names and Latias was on it. I think it might contain a swear in another language, but idk.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Can't find the string in our list of censored words that would get Latias banned. But I don't see how this has anything to do with Galar's gyms either.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Can't find the string in our list of censored words that would get Latias banned. But I don't see how this has anything to do with Galar's gyms either.
Because it relates to the whether numbers should be banned discussion.

Sheep40

Reaction score
We need a dark-type gym. One run by a vampire-like female seemingly about the player's age would be fun, and the gym's puzzle could revolve around filling up a vial of "Blood" by sneaking up on trainers, who can only be battled if the player catches them unaware.

Wickling

Reaction score
I can’t find it, but there was a list of Pokémon somewhere that were all banned from the GTS at some point for having banned words in their actual names and Latias was on it. I think it might contain a swear in another language, but idk.
I kinda remember a list like that too, I remember Froslass was in it, can't recall Latias unless she was banned in another language.

On another note, I was kinda hoping at least four towns would have exclusive gyms, then the counterparts could be the Elite Four for the other verison. Wouldn't want the characters to go to waste unless you could face them in post.

As for numbers, I'll pick 288 for obvious reasons.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
We need a dark-type gym. One run by a vampire-like female seemingly about the player's age would be fun, and the gym's puzzle could revolve around filling up a vial of "Blood" by sneaking up on trainers, who can only be battled if the player catches them unaware.
Love the idea! It'd be really cool and give some kind of Halloween-ish theme to all of it. Although I imagine it'd be tomato juice instead of blood in the game due to implications, hehe.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that the city at the top of the map is where the 8th Gym is.

Ambrose7

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/uzPexjVHF5I

There are certain parts of the japanese trailer I'm not sure have been discussed here. If you notice the gym where you are introduced to Oleanna and Rose seems to be the steampunk city (the first big city). You can see similar brick patterns above the gym walls.

Also at 1.03, The stadium where Leon appears is definitely the one in the final city. All other stadiums have the simple design but this one has what appears to be pink coloured petal shapes. The same as the one in that city. It makes me wonder if this is where the champion battle will occur.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/uzPexjVHF5I

There are certain parts of the japanese trailer I'm not sure have been discussed here. If you notice the gym where you are introduced to Oleanna and Rose seems to be the steampunk city (the first big city). You can see similar brick patterns above the gym walls.

Also at 1.03, The stadium where Leon appears is definitely the one in the final city. All other stadiums have the simple design but this one has what appears to be pink coloured petal shapes. The same as the one in that city. It makes me wonder if this is where the champion battle will occur.
Can I just appreciate how smooth everything feels? From the transition animations to the overlay?

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
So my guess still stands that the champion batte against Leon will take place in the Rose shaped stadium. Which makes sense since Rose endorses Leon, so of course this would be his stage. So if the Rose Stadium is the league, I take a guess the tower building is the battle facility?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
So my guess still stands that the champion batte against Leon will take place in the Rose shaped stadium. Which makes sense since Rose endorses Leon, so of course this would be his stage. So if the Rose Stadium is the league, I take a guess the tower building is the battle facility?
I think the tower is the 8th Gym because I don't know where else it could be.

chickenperson52

Reaction score
I think the 8th gym is, that brown building in front of the fountain in the northernmost city. It's got some kind of symbol above the door.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think the 8th gym is, that brown building in front of the fountain in the northernmost city. It's got some kind of symbol above the door.
I think that brown building is instead the league HQ where Chairman Rose's office is located.

Matleo

Reaction score
Ghost gym with Banette anyone? This ghost was rarely use in comparance to Gengar. If it would only learn Instruct.
Its Cursed Body and Disable move are nice. Learns quite nice moves and would fit with Mimykyu in that gym

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
Ghost gym with Banette anyone? This ghost was rarely use in comparance to Gengar. If it would only learn Instruct.
Its Cursed Body and Disable move are nice. Learns quite nice moves and would fit with Mimykyu in that gym
Well i think Shuppet is in the game so it has a chance. Though I wonder if Mimikyu is Allister's ace, or potentially a new ghost pokmon.