• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Not exactly true, if my challenge that I have been doing is any indication...

1 level 100 pokemon vs 3 pokmon with what level? this also is important, amount to level distribution.
technically early no trainer will have high level if team 6 vs 3 then ... should be always proportion the same amount vs the same amount of pokemon.

Just confirmed via a Game Informer interview. There is a grand total of 18 GYMS spread across both games. There is a Major League and a Minor League and the whole idea is that they can change year after year in Galar. They have said that Bea's gym is a major league gym in Sword and Allister's gym is a major league gym in Shield.

Just confirmed via a Game Informer interview. There is a grand total of 18 GYMS spread across both games. There is a Major League and a Minor League and the whole idea is that they can change year after year in Galar. They have said that Bea's gym is a major league gym in Sword and Allister's gym is a major league gym in Shield.

This is such an amazing concept. And this is so cool, because it means we'll finally get a dark-type gym. :LOL:

I really wonder how the whole Major League and Minor League will work in the games, and where are these gyms, cause we can only see like 6 visible stadiums, and the place where the Champion's Cup is held.

Maybe there are only 6 Major League Gyms, which use the big stadiums?

I hope that they don't discriminate some types compared to others.

So it is possible that you can find Bea's gym as a minor gym in shield, or am I misunderstanding something(still just a possibility)

Some will probably be minor regardless of the version.
I know. In fact, it is great that all types have a gym in Galar but it looks like that some Pokemon types are more important than others because they are in the major league.

I thought it said you need 8 badges though to compete in the Champion's Cup.

Indeed they did. Perhaps you aren't required to complete all of the Minor League Gyms?

At any rate, I'm not sure where Serebii is reporting this bit of information from. I've refreshed the Game Informer hub plenty of times, but there isn't any article about Gyms up yet.

So I'm gonna guess that it works like this: The major league consists of the 8 gyms you need to face to enter the Champion Cup at the end of the game. And the remaining 10 gyms in the minor league will be optional and you don't need to battle them to qualify for the Champion's Cup, but can if you want to test your skills.

At any rate, I'm not sure where Serebii is reporting this bit of information from. I've refreshed the Game Informer hub plenty of times, but there isn't any article about Gyms up yet.
It's from their digital magazine.

Attachments

• Gyms.png
    Gyms.png
    302.3 KB · Views: 54
This leads to a lot of question. 18 gyms definitely means one fore each type, but we know some gyms are exclusive, so does that me each game has about 9 gyms?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom