• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Gyms Speculation Thread

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I mean, I can see why an ice area would have a fire gym.

"Get out of the cold, come spend money to watch FIRE TYPES HEAT THINGS UP IN BATTLE!"
I think that Motostoke is the most likely place to have the Fire Gym, if there is one, and that it is the 6th Gym.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I don't really care about the order or anything. I just like world building.

Gamefreak really should try something like that out more often. Throw people who go in blind for a loop.

Gym in a town entirely inside a cave? SURPRISE! ELECTRIC TYPE GYM. Something's gotta power the stuff to keep things visible in there!

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
Didn't they do that kind of when Blaine moved to Seafoam?

Like they're islands known for ice and water types and an ice type legendary bird....that have temporarily been taken over by a fire gym.

Reaction score
incinerate? will the move get a upgrade? interesting what fire pokes they have this gen?

taking that we have fire, grass, water starter then maybe a normal/fire, grass/fire or water/fire?
Grookey looks like it could pull of Aqua tail for this generation.

Reaction score
incinerate? will the move get a upgrade? interesting what fire pokes they have this gen?

taking that we have fire, grass, water starter then maybe a normal/fire, grass/fire or water/fire?
Grookey looks like it could pull of Aqua tail for this generation.
Vary rarely do grass types learn water moves, unless they were part water. So highly doubt he'll have Aqua Tail

Now with Mega Evolution
Reaction score
Vary rarely do grass types learn water moves, unless they were part water. So highly doubt he'll have Aqua Tail
Actually most Pokémon with durable tails learn Aqua Tail via Move Tutor unless they’re also like Fire-type or something incompatible. As long as Grookey’s tail gets bigger, I could see it learning the move. Water Pulse, on the other hand, isn’t learned by many Grass-types.

Reaction score
Actually most Pokémon with durable tails learn Aqua Tail via Move Tutor unless they’re also like Fire-type or something incompatible. As long as Grookey’s tail gets bigger, I could see it learning the move. Water Pulse, on the other hand, isn’t learned by many Grass-types.
Considering it is a gorilla, I kinda doubt it. Then again, it's Game Freak, and it is not exactly out of the table. Heck, they made Serperior keep its arms.

The name's Edgar.
Reaction score
Time to speculate on their signature Pokemon!
Kabu -
Centiskorch
Melony -
Frosmoth
Opal -
Hatterene
Raihan -
Dragapult
Piers - Obstagoon

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
The name's Edgar.
Reaction score
Oh, oops.
Anyway, I'm in LOVE with Piers' design. He's a singer! That's so unique.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Aren’t the gym leader names also spoilers? I personally don’t mind spoilers but anyone opening the thread that isn’t looking for spoilers would instantly get spoiled on the gym leaders.

TRUE POKEMON LOVER
Reaction score
Anyone got the leaked gym leader's ace pokemon I couldn't find it