• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Are the gyms taking on forms of football/soccer stadiums? Or is football/soccer going to be a side feature (like Battle Royal)?

Looking at the map, it does appear that there's numerous stadiums around the region. So I'd say it's a safe bet to be gyms.

D0aw_GuX0AEES8x.jpg:large

well, fairy type gym already first time in Kalos. I'm sure it will be the second time in this region.

My predictions for Gym Types

1 - Grass
2 - Poison
3 - Dragon
4 - Ice
5 - Fairy
6 - Fire
7 - Ghost
8 - Steel

Grass and Ice are a lock for sure. Can't say for the rest. Maybe Steel, based on the steampunkish city?

Gyms have been confirmed, which I don't mind at all. I just hope their Gen 7 absence will make for more substantial entries this time around and not a repeat of Kalos' lackluster ones.

It also seems that another Ice type Gym is guaranteed in what looks to be the 6th/7th/8th slot (based on the map). :annoyedVoltorb:

Based on the region map, it's easy to spot at least 6 stadiums (assuming those are the gyms). Maybe 7, but I'm not sure whether or not what I'm seeing in the industrial city is a stadium or not.

• Green one on the lower left is probably the one we saw in the trailer, so most likely grass.
  • Blue one directly on the far right from that is on a port, surrounded by water, and blue, so most likely water.
  • Brown one in the rocky mountains in the left could be rock.
  • Purple one in the forest with the glowing mushrooms looks fairy to me. Post below mentioned poison, that's very likely too.
  • Black and white one at the top of the mansion in the snowy mountains screams ice.
  • The red one in the metropolis at the top looks different, but has the same blue/red logo we've seen in the grass stadium, so it could be a gym, but it could very well be the league as well. There's no obvious type if it's actually another gym, though. Maybe multi-type gym again?
  • And if there's actually one in the industrial city, I think it could as well be steel, but there's nothing outside the location to hint at the type.
Not sure if I'm missing one, or if the last gym(s) just have a very unorthodox look compared to the rest.

Last edited:
My prediction on the gyms based on this map

Normal, Fire or Steel ( the red industrial city )

Water (the the coastal town with the blue gym building)

Grass (opposite the the town near the flowers with the green gym building)

Rock ( the rocky town with the brown gym building

Poison( the place with the giant mushooms, i know some would belive that this is a Fairy gym however the purple color of the Gym building and the fact that mushrooms are asociated with poison like me to believe this in a Poison type gym)

Dragon (the castle-like town with the dragon head statues)

Ice (the snowy town with the white gym building)

I can't fine the 8th gym anywhere on the map :/

Based on the region map, it's easy to spot at least 6 stadiums (assuming those are the gyms). Maybe 7, but I'm not sure whether or not what I'm seeing in the industrial city is a stadium or not.

• Green one on the lower left is probably the one we saw in the trailer, so most likely grass.
  • Blue one directly on the far right from that is on a port, surrounded by water, and blue, so most likely water.
  • Brown one in the rocky mountains in the left could be rock.
  • Purple one in the forest with the glowing mushrooms looks fairy to me. Post below mentioned poison, that's very likely too.
  • Black and white one at the top of the mansion in the snowy mountains screams ice.
  • The red one in the metropolis at the top looks different, but has the same blue/red logo we've seen in the grass stadium, so it could be a gym, but it could very well be the league as well. There's no obvious type if it's actually another gym, though. Maybe multi-type gym again?
  • And if there's actually one in the industrial city, I think it could as well be steel, but there's nothing outside the location to hint at the type.
Not sure if I'm missing one, or if the last gym(s) just have a very unorthodox look compared to the rest.
Judging by the mining area, there might be one underground that's a Rock or Ground type gym.

There was one mine site in the trailer. I think it may be either a gym, or connected somehow to one - which would mean a rock type gym.
And I don't think the whole soccer thing (that looked more like baseball to me, judging by PC's costume - especially single glove - but that's just me) will be gyms - more likely something similar to Contests or Pokeathlon - a smaller sidechallenge to take.

Judging by the mining area, there might be one underground that's a Rock or Ground type gym.
I was thinking the same.

So far I think the candidates for "not in plain sight" gyms seem to be the castle (dragon? steel?), somewhere underground in the mines (ground?), in the industrial city (steel? normal? fire?), or at the top of the big tower in the dome (literally no idea what type it could be)

I was thinking the same.

So far I think the candidates for "not in plain sight" gyms seem to be the castle (dragon? steel?), somewhere underground in the mines (ground?), in the industrial city (steel? normal? fire?), or at the top of the big tower in the dome (literally no idea what type it could be)
I think that the tower gym could be Electric.

Steel is a given for a gym or E4 member. I think Champion will be Ice Champion, since it looks like the E4 will be in the snowy area, especially since you can make out an entrance in the rocks behind the big red/white roofed tower, which would be Victory Road then.

Gyms coming back sounds interesting. I liked the Island Challenge and I hope that they can incorporate elements of the Island Trials into the Gyms, or at least do something to make them more refreshing. It looks like there is a Grass Gym, I wouldn't be surprised if we get an Ice type Gym and Rock seems possible too. I'd like to see a Dark type Gym, but I don't think it would bother me as much as it would for other fans if that doesn't happen.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom