• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

And thats not weird? In one game?did we had something like that? Interesring how anime will solve it? Battle both gym leaders to find out who is stronger and should become gym leader or battle between gym leaders?
I think an easy fix for the anime would be this: Show Ash battling one and Hop battling the other. Remember that the issue with extra gyms also came up with the Unova series, and Ash didn't have to battle everyone.

I think an easy fix for the anime would be this: Show Ash battling one and Hop battling the other. Remember that the issue with extra gyms also came up with the Unova series, and Ash didn't have to battle everyone.
Good one. Alister vs Ash. We need that.
Ash had to many fighting gyms already.

Or maybe Ash could lose at one version exclusive gym and the plot would lead him to the other version's gym that he does better at? That could change up the pattern of Ash always winning his second try at every gym.

Or maybe Ash could lose at one version exclusive gym and the plot would lead him to the other version's gym that he does better at? That could change up the pattern of Ash always winning his second try at every gym.
That would end up looking pretty weird in the long run if there are more version exclusive leaders.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't it be kind of out-of-character for Ash to do that?

He could be planning on a rematch, but something like a fight with Team Rocket could send him somewhere closer to the other Gym. Or maybe the Gym Leader could send Ash on a side quest that leads him to the other Gym. Or if you want Ash to win every badge, then maybe he can have more than eight badges. Gary had ten badges when he signed up for the Kanto League.

And thats not weird? In one game?did we had something like that? Interesring how anime will solve it? Battle both gym leaders to find out who is stronger and should become gym leader or battle between gym leaders?
It's not weird because version-exclusive means that the same gym that is Fighting in one game is Ghost in another.

I am interested to see what the anime does with it, though. Will probably just wind up similar to how they handled Striaton Gym.

Dynamaxing is claimed to happen only during the Gym battles and such. But then we have a feature that four friends gather together in order to battle a Dynamaxing Pokémon. How?
It’s said to happen only during Gym Battles and Max Raids. Max raids are the feature where friends battle against a Dynamaxed Pokemon.

There is this one thing I fail to follow, though. Dynamaxing is claimed to happen only during the Gym battles and such. But then we have a feature that four friends gather together in order to battle a Dynamaxing Pokémon. How?
Max raids happen in the wild Area and are natural phenomena. By natural I mean they are not the result of some human manipulation (as far as we know). Chairman Rose somehow has incorporated these in his gym challenges.

So... what outfit numbers will you all use. I hope we can choose different numbers, so you can have a different outfit during every gym battle. If this is the case, my main number will be 018, because 18 is my favorite number.

096 Year Pokémon was released or 069 because errr...nvm

I think 069 is blocked, just like 666.
As a Christian, I hope the latter IS blocked. Game Freak would gain a new level of respect in my eyes, if that's the case.

No reason to block 069, though. It's a reference to a song of Bryan Adams that a lot of people like.

Last edited:

I was only joking I have seen memes with 069 and 420 that’s all.

I hope the latter IS blocked. Game Freak would gain a new level of respect in my eyes, if that's the case.

No reason to block 069, though. It's a reference to a great song by Bryan Adams.

So you did know what I was talking about ^_^

As a Christian, I hope the latter IS blocked. Game Freak would gain a new level of respect in my eyes, if that's the case.

No reason to block 069, though. It's a reference to a song of Bryan Adams that a lot of people like.

Just don’t use them if you’re Christian. I don’t see why their use should be locked for the non-Christians. In the end it’s just a number.

I’d rather not have a religion completely unrelated to me imposed on my game. Pokemon no. 666 was also a thing, too.

I even doubt you’ll be seeing what numbers others use in their Gym battles so it won’t be affecting you at all.

Just don’t use them if you’re Christian. I don’t see why their use should be locked for the non-Christians. In the end it’s just a number.
That's like telling somebody "if you don't like drugs, just don't use them. No reason to block them for the rest of us!"

If, as a Christian (and a decent human being), I am convinced that number is a bad influence, of course I would want it banned for everybody. It's what I feel would be the right thing to do. Even if it doesn't affect me personally.

But it's not like I control GameFreak or anything, so don't panic just yet!

Last edited:
That's like telling somebody "if you don't like drugs, just don't use them. No reason to block them for the rest of us!"

If, as a Christian, I am convinced the number is a bad influence, of course I would want it banned for everybody. It's what I feel would be the right thing to do.

But it's not like I control GameFreak or anything, so don't panic just yet!
The fact is that the number does no physical harm to anyone unlike drugs and you won’t even see it if someone else uses it.

The only place where you’ll see it if it’s not banned is if you yourself decided to use it :p

It’s just that if one number is banned, numbers offensive to every religion, ethnicity and symbols should be banned.

The fact is that the number does no physical harm to anyone unlike drugs and you won’t even see it if someone else uses it.
Physical harm is not the only type of harm.
The only place where you’ll see it if it’s not banned is if you yourself decided to use it :p
Again, it's not just about me seeing it. It's about what I think would be right.

It’s just that if one number is banned, numbers offensive to every religion, ethnicity and symbols should be banned
Not really. There are very few numbers that would be banned.

Last edited:
Not really.
Why? Others are free to use similar logics as you.
If my hypothetical religion has 342 has a satan-equivalent symbolism I can use the same logic as you to get it banned if 666 is getting banned.

What others do in their games isn’t really anyone else’s business, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom