• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Well i think Shuppet is in the game so it has a chance. Though I wonder if Mimikyu is Allister's ace, or potentially a new ghost pokmon.
Should be a new ghost pokemon. Or its the first out of 3 pokemon.

Last edited:
They might be version exclusives just like the gym leaders - except they're found on the opposite version of their gym leader.

...just a thought.

Ghost/fighting?
Normal/fithing?
Fighting/fairy?
Ghost/normal?

Have a weird feeling Bea maybe get dragon/fighting. Bea, Allistar, Nessa look like they came from Alola there.

There is no chance that any of the gyms will have an old Pokémon with no new evolution or gigantamax form as their ace. Either Hitmontop and Mimikyu have gigantamax forms, or they're withholding their real aces until later reveals.

I'm currently leaning toward the latter, because who knows if gym leaders will even have gigantamax Pokémon? Nessa doesn't have gigantamax Drednaw during the demo for some reason. Maybe she will in the game itself.

There is no chance that any of the gyms will have an old Pokémon with no new evolution or gigantamax form as their ace. Either Hitmontop and Mimikyu have gigantamax forms, or they're withholding their real aces until later reveals.

I'm currently leaning toward the latter, because who knows if gym leaders will even have gigantamax Pokémon? Nessa doesn't have gigantamax Drednaw during the demo for some reason. Maybe she will in the game itself.

Considering that Gigantamax was revealed after the E3 demo, it made sense that in the latter Drednaw was Dynamaxed. I think it’s possible it’ll be Gigantamaxed in the full game, but we’ll see.

Hmm maybe in anime Nessas Drednaw could be G-maxed?(two battles with Ash first lost bc of D-max second won but battles G-max Drednaw)

A G-max also needs to be in a gym at some point or when you compete the elite four and champion in the game.
The fairy gym rumor with Alcremie screams for it's G-max form actually.

Interesting if we ever will get a gym with tripple battle...
Double battle gyms were done so many times.

I have a feeling maybe the first 4 or 5 gyms will use Dynamax and the last ones will use Gigantamax.
Or maybe all after beating elite four? Interesting if all E4 members will use it or D-max?

Or maybe all after beating elite four? Interesting if all E4 members will use it or D-max?

I was going to suggest the E4 would use Gigantamax, but as Knightwolf09 said, there might not be a traditional E4. If there was, I'd imagine they'd all use Gigantamax.

If the E4 ends up only being an assortment of trainers, I could see them using a mix of Dynamax and Gigantamax.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom