• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

I mean, I can see why an ice area would have a fire gym.

"Get out of the cold, come spend money to watch FIRE TYPES HEAT THINGS UP IN BATTLE!"
I think that Motostoke is the most likely place to have the Fire Gym, if there is one, and that it is the 6th Gym.

I don't really care about the order or anything. I just like world building.

Gamefreak really should try something like that out more often. Throw people who go in blind for a loop.

Gym in a town entirely inside a cave? SURPRISE! ELECTRIC TYPE GYM. Something's gotta power the stuff to keep things visible in there!

Didn't they do that kind of when Blaine moved to Seafoam?

Like they're islands known for ice and water types and an ice type legendary bird....that have temporarily been taken over by a fire gym.

incinerate? will the move get a upgrade? interesting what fire pokes they have this gen?

taking that we have fire, grass, water starter then maybe a normal/fire, grass/fire or water/fire?
Grookey looks like it could pull of Aqua tail for this generation.

incinerate? will the move get a upgrade? interesting what fire pokes they have this gen?

taking that we have fire, grass, water starter then maybe a normal/fire, grass/fire or water/fire?
Grookey looks like it could pull of Aqua tail for this generation.
Vary rarely do grass types learn water moves, unless they were part water. So highly doubt he'll have Aqua Tail

Vary rarely do grass types learn water moves, unless they were part water. So highly doubt he'll have Aqua Tail
Actually most Pokémon with durable tails learn Aqua Tail via Move Tutor unless they’re also like Fire-type or something incompatible. As long as Grookey’s tail gets bigger, I could see it learning the move. Water Pulse, on the other hand, isn’t learned by many Grass-types.

Actually most Pokémon with durable tails learn Aqua Tail via Move Tutor unless they’re also like Fire-type or something incompatible. As long as Grookey’s tail gets bigger, I could see it learning the move. Water Pulse, on the other hand, isn’t learned by many Grass-types.
Considering it is a gorilla, I kinda doubt it. Then again, it's Game Freak, and it is not exactly out of the table. Heck, they made Serperior keep its arms.

Time to speculate on their signature Pokemon!
Kabu -
Centiskorch
Melony -
Frosmoth
Opal -
Hatterene
Raihan -
Dragapult
Piers - Obstagoon

Last edited:
Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom