• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HA Unova Starters?

Lord Reshiram

Tea and Scones!
Reaction score
I know theyve been released, but what are theyre movesets like?

I ve got some idea but correct me (and add to stuff) where neccessary:

Serperior
Contrary
Choice Scarf
4 HP/ 252 SPATK/ 252 SPEED
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
?
?

Emboar
Reckless
?
252 HP/252 ATK/4 DEF
Head Smash
Flare Blitz
?
?

Samurott
Shell Armor
Focus Sash
252 SPATK/4 SPDEF/252 SPEED
Air Slash
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Brine/Surf/Scald
?

(This was off the top of my head, so sorry if it is horrible).

From what I understand, Serperior usually carries a Life Orb since it's more of a sweeper than a revenge killer, and the last two moves are usually Hidden Power coverage (usually HP Fire) and either Giga Drain or Knock Off.

From what I understand, Serperior usually carries a Life Orb since it's more of a sweeper than a revenge killer, and the last two moves are usually Hidden Power coverage (usually HP Fire) and either Giga Drain or Knock Off.

Ah, okay, Ill test it for a while, see how it goes with my team.

Serperior@Life Orb
Timid nature (Is that right? +Spe -Atk, not english version)
EVs: 4HP/252SPAtk/252Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Giga Drain
-Knock Off/Something else

That's my Serperior set, pretty standard.

Serperior will generally be best running the standard Leaf Storm+Hidden Power+Dragon Pulse set with a different fourth move depending on what your team needs. The speed EVs give you just enough to outspeed Thundurus, and the rest goes into Defence to take priority moves a bit better.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 16 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power Fire/Rock/Ground
-Glare/Giga Drain/Substitute/Knock Off

Emboar is generally best off running a band set. Scarf is also decent but Emboar is much better at destroying slower walls with earth shatteringly powerful banded attacks than it is at revenge killing.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

Shell Armor is completely inferior to Torrent on Samurott, there's no reason to run it on any of its sets. If you're using Samurott at all, run Torrent. This is the set I use in RU, it can sweep teams quite easily both there and in NU, but I wouldn't advise using it in the higher tiers.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

^I'd consider Life Orb on Emboar if using Sucker Punch. Choice-locked Sucker Punch sounds really exploitable.

Samurott can do mixed/special sets pretty well. It's something to keep in mind when asking yourself why you're using it over Feraligatr, especially with Sheer Force Gatr on the horizon.

I wish samurott had gotten weak armor, it would have made it just that bit more usable.

For Serperior I'm thinking about something like Leaf Storm and Giga Drain since the boosted S.Atk really makes Giga Drain handy for stealing even more HP. Serperior has very good defensive stats too, so it really seems to be a useful combination. Sadly, Serperior's movepool is extremely limited, so it often relies on moves like Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power. Another interesting move is Glare, which is very useful with its Accuracy of 100.

I think Emboar is very straight forward with Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Wild Charge and maybe Hammer Arm or something.

Samurott is more or less the same with Shell Armor. I prefer to use him as a Special Attacker due to his higher S.Atk stat. Assault Vest with Surf/Scald, Ice Beam, AirSlash and Grass Knot/Hidden Power would be my prefered moveset for him :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom