• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hacked Spiritomb given away on BW Mall Tour

WatcherMark

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This news has been doing the rounds on Twitter and Youtube, and I apologise if this has already been posted elsewhere but I've looked and can't find it so I thought I'd post it here.

It has been reported that, on the San Jose leg of the BW Mall tour that (as well as the event Celebi) a Spiritomb is also being distributed.

This Spiritomb has the ability Wonder Guard (which, due to Spiritomb being Ghost/Dark, protects it from all attacks except Fire Fang), is Level 100 and had eighty ribbons.

I feel this needs to be reported as this is being given away at an official event and people could download it thinking it's legit.

I would probably still download this if I actually owned a 4th gen game *ashamed*

Props to whoever gave it up for distribution though, it's a good prank!

You should probably tip off the Bulbanews people, this isn't the first time a fake event had been distributed.

There was a similar situation at a UK event last year; where someone with an R4 card was distributing things like the (then-)recently announced Ranger 3 Heatran.

Just a warning: This Spiritomb is not legitimate.

You should probably tip off the Bulbanews people, this isn't the first time a fake event had been distributed.

Done, I've just submitted a draft.

Hopefully it'll get published as people need to be warned about this.

I thought we were through with this silliness. If people really want to hack, they should at least not try to affect others with their hacking. I hope the retard who caused this gets punished somehow, although that obviously won't happen... =_=

It's just a prank. Reminds me of the racist Gengar. Nintendos going to say it ruins your game as usual, to try to stop the spread of it.

I think the prankster just took one of the distrobution roms floating around, hacked them, and loaded it onto a r4 and spread it.

The prankster was successful though, as usual. Successful troll is sucessful, and the game ruining BS is going around again. Here's a LJ article, and the prankster won again.

Article mainspaced with all known info (adding more ATM, actually).

Dis is baad.

You guys need to pull your undies out of you asses, Its a joke...laugh!. I doubt the Spiritomb is malicious otherwise it would have been reported earlier.

On another note does anyone want the trade it with me?:-D

The only way in which it can be malicious is if an individual who has downloaded it tries to enter a Video Game Championships event with it on their game, and is hack checked. Heck, mny friend got disqualified for having a legit Worlds Weavile because TPCi didn't update their systems with it.

The fact that they gave it Focus Punch is hilarious too... of course it can use Focus Punch every turn because nothing can hit it!!

An illegal/hacked pokemon in the midst of a legal event.

Not good news at all.

The fact that they gave it Focus Punch is hilarious too... of course it can use Focus Punch every turn because nothing can hit it!!

Except for Fire Fang... Don't ask me why, the attack was programmed that way.

Unless you're lucky enough to be carrying a Pokémon which knows Fire Fang...

Man, I wish someone would distribute hacks like that up here. D| Focus Punch Wondertomb? Ooh hey, I should try that out next time...

This Spiritomb has the ability Wonder Guard (which, due to Spiritomb being Ghost/Dark, protects it from all attacks except Fire Fang), is Level 100 and had eighty ribbons.

Scrappy Miltank or Kangaskhan with Hammer Arm or Brick Break can hit Spiritomb supper effectively.

So, I registered just for this thread. I unfortunately received one of the Spiritomb except that mine is level 50. I am more than willing to trade for a legitimate event Celebi if anyone is interested...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom