• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hacked Spiritomb given away on BW Mall Tour

So, I registered just for this thread. I unfortunately received one of the Spiritomb except that mine is level 50. I am more than willing to trade for a legitimate event Celebi if anyone is interested...

You should still have the Celebi as well. According to @FlareStarfire (on twitter), if you get both, you're forced to get the Spiritomb in order to pick up the Celebi. So you may still have the Celebi waiting to be picked up.

You should still have the Celebi as well. According to @FlareStarfire (on twitter), if you get both, you're forced to get the Spiritomb in order to pick up the Celebi. So you may still have the Celebi waiting to be picked up.

I only got the Spiritomb wondercard?? And instead of Lvl 100 mine is Lvl 50.

So, I registered just for this thread. I unfortunately received one of the Spiritomb except that mine is level 50. I am more than willing to trade for a legitimate event Celebi if anyone is interested...

Who's going to trade you a legitimate Celebi for a hacked WonderTomb?

I only got the Spiritomb wondercard?? And instead of Lvl 100 mine is Lvl 50.

You're the only one I've heard of who got just that one event.

Question: Were you on the far side of the Borders store when you downloaded it? It's possible that you were out of range of the official even, but just in range of the hacked event.

Also, did you have two wonder cards? You might have gotten the Spiritomb, and couldn't get the Celebi due to being out of room.

The reason I ask is because I really want to verify the idea that it might have been someone in or around Borders who was seen messing with a laptop.

Who's going to trade you a legitimate Celebi for a hacked WonderTomb?
No idea man, just kind of annoyed to arrive home and realize I got gypped at a legit event. Someone who collects hacks might be interested and might have an extra Celebi, f**k if I know, I just googled Spiritomb at Celebi Event, got here, registered and now I'm here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Question: Were you on the far side of the Borders store when you downloaded it? It's possible that you were out of range of the official even, but just in range of the hacked event.

Also, did you have two wonder cards? You might have gotten the Spiritomb, and couldn't get the Celebi due to being out of room.

The reason I ask is because I really want to verify the idea that it might have been someone in or around Borders who was seen messing with a laptop.

I was inside Gamestop at the first shelf of games. I looked around but all the employees were busy and I was there with someone on schedule so I just got annoyed and bounced. But yeah, I did have another card taking up space when I first tried to access the event. I'm going to try to head to the other distribution which is apparently going to be at all stores? [Feb 21 - Mar 6?]

Last edited by a moderator:

They would probably have been using a DS in their pocket with a cart broadcasting the signal. There are tuts to mod the 08 deoxys cart to give any event on youtube. That's probably also how the one hacker did Racist Gengar, as sendpkm didn't exist at the time. SendPKM also can't send wonder cards, and since everyone is too lazy to reverse engineer it, they just hack leaked event carts.

Last edited by a moderator:
A kid there mentioned something about it, but I just got Celebi, at least on the games I've checked so far. Pretty lame of whoever did that.

Let's also avoid getting too into the specifics of how this was done. BMGf doesn't allow discussion of flashcarts.

Let's also avoid getting too into the specifics of how this was done. BMGf doesn't allow discussion of flashcarts.

You just discussed it! Just kidding... but seriously!

Anywho... back on topic. I can't believe someone would do this, even for the lulz. This could get you kicked out of tournaments, and as some people say, you could be prevented from getting Celebi.

It won't prevent you, unless your cards are full. From what I read, the only people it stopped were people with full cards.

That or if you're too close to the signal, then it would keep picking that up, but then all you have to do is walk away.

Urrrgh... Now I'm scared I'll be screwed out of Celebi when I go to get it next week.
>_>

You people do realize there's an option to delete this wondercard if you get it right? Or that you can just keep searching until you find Celebi's signal?

It won't prevent you, unless your cards are full. From what I read, the only people it stopped were people with full cards.

Well I only make room for one card, so I wouldn't have gotten it. But I would have gone onto my game and noticed it gave me Spiritomb instead, and I would have done it again. And this would have been me until i retried: :conangry:

I have to admit, it's kind of funny, but not really.

On one hand, it's kind of funny to hitch a ride along with the pokemon event.
On the other hand, it's not funny at all as it could disqualify some people from participating in the video game tournaments.

Ultimately, the latter outweighs the former. So, not funny.

They should stop doing that -- if you want a Wonderguarded spiritomb, hack it yourself.

If this Spiritomb is supposed to be legit, it would be chaotic. Thankfully this is not the case. Imagine how much trouble it will be in competitive battling if that's the case!

Thanks for reading.

I was at the San Jose stop yesterday and I didn't see or hear anything about a Spiritomb being distributed, and we downloaded our Celebis and everything. Was it supposedly at the Gamestop or elsewhere in the mall?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom