• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Halloween Party 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a lot of people guessing who was who correctly...
Since I'm new here I don't know people well so I wasn't able to guess who anyone was, except for ~*Wigglytuff*~, my first friend here :ksmile:, I figured it out because of her blog entry. lol I was going to post a quote saying "I knew it!" but I decided not to, I'm not sure why, though.

Love, TheBlueEmolga (lol) and TheYellowLickilicky

Thanks, Mintaka. :)

I don't know how many people do this, but a method I use to stay in character is to think of what they should say in THEIR voice. Maybe many of the people who were kind of obvious can try it. It's weird how it works. XD

I was probable terrible OOC ^^;

BUT I HAD FUN!!!! So in the end it didn't really matter >D

I sure had fun presenting my alternate portrayal of Link. Most portrayals I've seen show him addressing Zelda by name and acting like they're equals; I figured, given the setting, it would be more realistic for him to show royalty more respect since, Chosen One or not, he's still technically a commoner. I also wanted him to be brave, but not stupid—the type who makes sure he knows what he's up against, formulates a plan and confronts the enemy no matter how much it scares him, as opposed to the blindly fearless type who charges in without a strategy. At the same time, I wanted him to have a casual, playful side—after all, he's still nine years old at heart.

And I'm aware that Navi was slightly OOC, in that she was actually helpful most of the time. I figure that's keeping in the spirit of her intended purpose—it's just due to the game's programming that she becomes remarkably useless. I wanted to tone down her bad reputation and make her tolerable because that's how I think she was supposed to be.

I think, in the future, I may continue to play characters with variable personalities. I greatly enjoy creating characters, not just playing them.

I sure had fun presenting my alternate portrayal of Link. Most portrayals I've seen show him addressing Zelda by name and acting like they're equals; I figured, given the setting, it would be more realistic for him to show royalty more respect since, Chosen One or not, he's still technically a commoner. I also wanted him to be brave, but not stupid—the type who makes sure he knows what he's up against, formulates a plan and confronts the enemy no matter how much it scares him, as opposed to the blindly fearless type who charges in without a strategy. At the same time, I wanted him to have a casual, playful side—after all, he's still nine years old at heart.

And I'm aware that Navi was slightly OOC, in that she was actually helpful most of the time. I figure that's keeping in the spirit of her intended purpose—it's just due to the game's programming that she becomes remarkably useless. I wanted to tone down her bad reputation and make her tolerable because that's how I think she was supposed to be.

I think, in the future, I may continue to play characters with variable personalities. I greatly enjoy creating characters, not just playing them.
I quite enjoyed your portrayal of Link. It was refreshing, and I also appreciate the fact you didn't turn Navi into a whiny little bitch of a fairy. I like Navi. I really do. Oh sure she can be a pain at times, but she still helped me quite a bit.
And now for a less logical train of thought. When in the Shadow Temple, I'm always terrified XD
Therefore, Navi's a great source of stress relief :p
HEY!

to be honest I am a little worried I was seen as too obvious :p
Not at all :D

I don't know how many people do this, but a method I use to stay in character is to think of what they should say in THEIR voice. Maybe many of the people who were kind of obvious can try it. It's weird how it works. XD

I do that :D
Sometimes, I used to act it out in a way. Imagine the gestures and such. Although I don't know if I was obvious or not. Probably was :p

I do that :D
Sometimes, I used to act it out in a way. Imagine the gestures and such. Although I don't know if I was obvious or not. Probably was :p

It also helps to know the character well. :)

@Sputnik; Indeed it does. I <3Austria
Imagining your keyboard is a piano, however, might just count as excessive and obsessive XD

I almost decided to go as Russia, but that would be obvious who I was. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom